Integrated graphics taking over dedicated GPU at high performance?

LordLevis

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
Hi,

I have an MSI All-in-one PC, Model AG2712A-025US, 8gb of RAM, Intel Core i7-3630QM, having an integrated Intel Graphics 4000 and an AMD Radeon 8970m dedicated graphics card.

Recently I reset my windows to be able to clear out any useless junk from my drives that might've passed my eye. Brought it to a pc repair guy in my city, to reset windows 8.1 since when I tried to do it myself, MSI locked it for zero reason by default. The guy installed Linux to reboot windows on it.

My problem: I could play Rainbow Six Siege, GTA V and other games that are highly demanding in graphics. Before the windows reboot, everything worked fine. After the reboot, even though I had the latest AMD driver, I had error codes with many games. Later I found out from another PC repair guy, that my Intel Graphics driver is forcing itself, pushing off my integrated GPU (Radeon 8970m). So even with High Settings performance in Catalyst Control Centre, Power options at high performance, Overwatch for example, in its video menu, still only recognizes Intel graphics 4000. Ccleaner too, and Rainbow six Siege and GTA V just simply doesn't start because the integrated graphics is too weak.

Is there any other way to force the Intel Graphics 4000 to not work during my games, and let the GPU do its work instead? Every single windows update is up-to-date, and both my GPU and CPU's integrated drivers are also up-to-date.

MSI, Microsoft, Ubisoft technicians have all failed me.

Levente

Solution
There's a feature called Switchable Graphics, it lets you switch which GPU is being used based on performance needs.
Try installing the latest Intel graphics drivers and mess with Switchable Graphics settings.
Try the drivers from MSI, www.msi.com/All-in-One-PC/support/AG2712A.html#down-driver

GruntBlender

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
There's a feature called Switchable Graphics, it lets you switch which GPU is being used based on performance needs.
Try installing the latest Intel graphics drivers and mess with Switchable Graphics settings.
Try the drivers from MSI, www.msi.com/All-in-One-PC/support/AG2712A.html#down-driver

Solution

TRENDING THREADS