[SOLVED] Integrating wireless headphones with PC and stereo set - using external Bluetooth transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Electro Machine

Commendable
BANNED
Jan 28, 2021
So I bough Bose QuietComfort 35 II Wireless Headphones. Unfortunately as it turns out, my Windows 10 does not recognize that my Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra rev. 1.2 motherboard has an integrated Bluetooth. Long story short: I do not intend to spend any more time trying to convince my OS, that I have a built in Bluetooth or to once again correspond with that laughable customer support of Gigabyte. Instead of that I will buy a new external Bluetooth transmitter of some sort, because my very old and almost-never-used one has no problem with showing up in that Windows and paring with these headphones - but produces audio of extremely low quality. [I am making an educated guess here: it is on the account of this archaic device working in standard 1.x or 2.x thus compressing data, because when connected through a Bose wire the audio in headphones sounds good]

And so until now my setup consisted of external Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro, plugged on one end to the motherboard and on the other to my stereo Panasonic SA-PM33 CD Stereo System. And I used to have in my audio and video player [i.e. Winamp and Media Player Classic] Sound Blaster chosen as an output device- but now I changed it to just default / primary system [thus to Sound Blaster as it is set in the OS as the main one]

But now The Question arises: should I use a Bluetooth USB-dongle connected to motherboard - or a Bluetooth adapter that uses mini-jack?

And in what standard and with what functions should that external device operate, so that I would not loose audio quality? For now I only know that it should have the frequency range of 20-20000 kHz

I would rather have a jack device. But is my stereo sending electricity through it to, to power the adapter? Or will the adapter also have to be plugged to a power source - or have a built in battery?

I went to some price engines trying to research the marker but as it turns out, jack Bluetooth adapters are a tiny minority and vendors rarely put info about the version in titles / links

Solution
Thank you for your advice. But as I said, I will not waste [once again] my life on hardware-software issues [because I had many of them with this machine and long story shot all in all it I was only wasting time]. Especially when I can see that there is no problem when I use an old cheap external transmitter

AlI I have to do / know is to chose to either plug into the stereo - or to bypass my sound card and stereo or and connect directly to the operating system / motherboard via eternal transmitter. Because right now I do not know what are the pros and cons and what hardware I would eventually need

The buetooth dongle will be using it's own electronics for audio, if you are using it to listen to audio from the computer, then...

Lutfij

Titan
If you're sure that the BT isn't being detected, I think the first order of business is to see if that can be salvaged via a few tinker, here and there, without spending money but with some time and patience. What BIOS version are you on at the time of writing? If you have BIOS versions pending update, I'd advise on gradually working your way to the latest version as opposed to jumping to the latest.

Have you tried installing your wireless adapter's drivers sourced from Gigabyte's support site, here, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you working with?

The Electro Machine

Commendable
BANNED
Jan 28, 2021
[...]
I think the first order of business is to see if that can be salvaged via a few tinker, here and there, without spending money but
[...]
Thank you for your advice. But as I said, I will not waste [once again] my life on hardware-software issues [because I had many of them with this machine and long story shot all in all it I was only wasting time]. Especially when I can see that there is no problem when I use an old cheap external transmitter

AlI I have to do / know is to chose to either plug into the stereo - or to bypass my sound card and stereo or and connect directly to the operating system / motherboard via eternal transmitter. Because right now I do not know what are the pros and cons and what hardware I would eventually need

The buetooth dongle will be using it's own electronics for audio, if you are using it to listen to audio from the computer, then you should connect it to the computer. If you want to use an analog audio out to bluetooth converter hanging off the stereo system, it would be powered with an external USB cable. That way may be more flexible since you can listen to anything connected to the receiver not just from the computer.

For best quality use at least a 4.2 version bluetooth adapter.

For the issue with the motherboard bluetooth, you should be able to just download the drivers for the motherboard from Gigabyte support site. This looks to be what you need https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-ULTRA-rev-11-12/support#support-dl-driver-wlanbt

Solution

The Electro Machine

Commendable
BANNED
Jan 28, 2021
Long story short

I have to use a transmitter that has the aptX-LL codec - in order to have the lowest possible latency of ~50 ms

I also need to have headphones with such codec

And as apparently I have a big coin whine like interference from my stereo set, I also need to insert a ground loop isolator via mini-jack between that stereo and the transmitter - or - use an USB transmitter plugged into the motherboard thus utilize my built-in sound card thus remove the stereo set and the external sound card from the equation completely

And here is comes the unexpected positive part of the latter solution: If I use the USB transmitter and have the headphones plugged via cable into the built-in sound card - it is far more comfortable. Because I can switch easily between stereo with speakers, headphones being wires and headphones being wireless - with just two mouse clicks and some minor scroll-wheeling. And if I were to use a jack based transmitter and relay on the external sound card for it, then I would have to constantly physically plug in and out such transmitter from the stereo; and also have it plugged to power source constantly or from time to time. [I never thought I would be using that built-in sound card and was angry at the price of the motherboard coming partially from it having this device built-in - and yet here I am praising having it]

And on top of that I can also think about using a simple cable splitter for the purpose of connecting two jack devices to one signal emitter, if I were to add something like a soundbar to the equation

Status
Not open for further replies.