Nov 2, 2020
Greetings,
I purchased a month ago this wireless + bluetooth Intel Wireless-AC 9560 and totally works, but has a very low performance. Something like the router is at the other side of the wall and i get 1 or 2 of 3 stripes. Also sometimes I lost connection in a middle of a game for a few seconds.
Comparing with my smartphone I can capture full signal from 5GHz and 2.4GHz from my router with no problem.

So what's the real problem here? Is it just the antenna or is the chip itself?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Solution
All you need are some antenna extension cables. maybe to start let them just hang but not touch the case. This is really hard to say wifi signal is very easily blocked and tiny differences in antenna position can make a big difference.
If I remember correctly that card is strange for some reason but I think it just doesn't work in all computers.

Low signal levels could be that you do not have the antenna connected properly. Those connections are tiny and very easy to not get the antenna on correctly.

I assume you put this is a desktop machine. Be sure that the back of the case faces your router. The metal in the case blocks a huge amount of signal.

I doubt the chip itself is defective. You would have to check the power output but I think most Intel chips put out the legal maximum so it should not be a chip issue.

Reactions: MaC111
Nov 2, 2020
I assume you put this is a desktop machine.
Yes I have installed on a desktop, sorry I forgot to mention it.
I got a MS-7b98 wich has a "1 x M.2 slot with E key for Integrated Intel® Wireless-AC(CNVi) module only".

Be sure that the back of the case faces your router. The metal in the case blocks a huge amount of signal.
It's not facing directly, it's about 90º. But I can try that.

Thanks for the reply. Cheers!

Nov 2, 2020
Since that card comes with coax and antennas, how did you mount the antennas?
At the beggining I had them outside hanging just to test them, and it seemed fine.
Since I couldn't find anything to fix the antennas I have them now outside of the case with same tape attached to the case (not proud of it :sweatsmile:)

Nov 2, 2020
All you need are some antenna extension cables. maybe to start let them just hang but not touch the case. This is really hard to say wifi signal is very easily blocked and tiny differences in antenna position can make a big difference.
Will do that to test it out.
Thanks!