[SOLVED] Intel 11th Gen 11600k High Load Temp

Aug 17, 2021
I recently built a new PC and my CPU temp reaches 80-83 degrees when using Prime95 Smallest FFTs test/benchmark.

When on idle CPU temps sits at about 35 and when gaming with Warzone or Apex its around 50-55.

Also I should mention that I have a 360mm Thermaltake AIO and using MX4 paste. And no I have not overclocked the CPU its running on default.

Whilst my gaming temps appear to be within normal operating range I am concerned about my load temps with Prime95.

Does anyone see this as an issue or am I over reacting?

Solution
What CPU instructions are you using when running Prime95? The AVX-2 instructions create a crazy amount of heat and the AVX-512 instructions are another step beyond that.

MWiMlD0.png

running on default
The default voltage is always more voltage than the CPU actually needs to run stable. An undervolt of -50 mV to -100 mV can really help reduce the power consumption and temperatures.

Your gaming temps are great so my suggestion would be, do not run Prime95. It is overkill. Most people never run any apps like this during normal use. Pounding the CPU with AVX instructions does not really prove anything. If you mostly play games and if you are game stable then I would not worry too much about Prime95.
What CPU instructions are you using when running Prime95? The AVX-2 instructions create a crazy amount of heat and the AVX-512 instructions are another step beyond that.

MWiMlD0.png

running on default
The default voltage is always more voltage than the CPU actually needs to run stable. An undervolt of -50 mV to -100 mV can really help reduce the power consumption and temperatures.

Your gaming temps are great so my suggestion would be, do not run Prime95. It is overkill. Most people never run any apps like this during normal use. Pounding the CPU with AVX instructions does not really prove anything. If you mostly play games and if you are game stable then I would not worry too much about Prime95.

Solution
Aug 17, 2021

MWiMlD0.png

I
Thanks for the suggestion I disabled AVX and only getting 70 degrees now. If I was to try and undervolt the CPU what voltage setting am I looking for exactly? I have Gigabyte Easy Tune software installed.

I recently built a new PC and my CPU temp reaches 80-83 degrees when using Prime95 Smallest FFTs test/benchmark.

When on idle CPU temps sits at about 35 and when gaming with Warzone or Apex its around 50-55.

Also I should mention that I have a 360mm Thermaltake AIO and using MX4 paste. And no I have not overclocked the CPU its running on default.

Whilst my gaming temps appear to be within normal operating range I am concerned about my load temps with Prime95.

Does anyone see this as an issue or am I over reacting?

Nothing wrong with those temps for a P95/small FFT w/AVX workload...

Most gaming temps would likely be 10-15C below that....