[SOLVED] Intel 11th Gen gaming laptops dates

ZickZak

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2013
Hello,
I need to buy a laptop on 2nd November the latest and I was wondering if the 11750h Tiger Lake laptops will be already available in US or if I'll have to get the 10750h instead. I know this would be a prediction, but I wasnt able to find a time frame after how much time after a CPU release do Acer / Lenovo / MSI laptops start to appear.

Solution
Comet Lake and Ice Lake have been out for a while on mobile now, and Intel is in a hurry to release anything that can compete with AMD. There will be some devices that use Tiger Lake at the end of this year. In fact I believe it's already been released (if not in the next month), so at this point we're just waiting for OEMs.

Tiger Lake will probably not perform as consistently in modern games as Comet Lake or Renoir because of the maximum of 4 cores. The 8-thread variants will be fine until we see cross-platform games for next-gen consoles, which are also set to launch later this year.
To add to that they are available through OEM, Dell, HP etc. You saying gaming laptop do you mean one of those expensive Razer laptops or just...

MasterMadBones

Distinguished
I doubt they will be out by then since 10th gen is still new.
Comet Lake and Ice Lake have been out for a while on mobile now, and Intel is in a hurry to release anything that can compete with AMD. There will be some devices that use Tiger Lake at the end of this year. In fact I believe it's already been released (if not in the next month), so at this point we're just waiting for OEMs.

Tiger Lake will probably not perform as consistently in modern games as Comet Lake or Renoir because of the maximum of 4 cores. The 8-thread variants will be fine until we see cross-platform games for next-gen consoles, which are also set to launch later this year.

USAFRet

Titan
Hello,
I need to buy a laptop on 2nd November the latest and I was wondering if the 11750h Tiger Lake laptops will be already available in US or if I'll have to get the 10750h instead. I know this would be a prediction, but I wasnt able to find a time frame after how much time after a CPU release do Acer / Lenovo / MSI laptops start to appear.
Why the hard date?

Generally, you buy the best system that fits within your budget, when you need it and when you have the money.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020

To add to that they are available through OEM, Dell, HP etc. You saying gaming laptop do you mean one of those expensive Razer laptops or just a regular laptop that is powerful in both CPU and GPU. Also your not going to see a performance difference bgetween the 10750h and the 11th gen. All the 11th gen brings is smaller die and increased battery life but the performance of the CPU's are the same. You should be more concerned with what GPU your new laptop will come with and whether it will have m.2 or a hard drive. What is your budget? Depends on what company you want also if you want Dell they already sell laptops by the time you order from them you will get it in September... It will have GPU built in that is another difference a very good one built in on the CPU. So if your looking for performance or if your in a hurry or if you don't want to spend much more just for fact you will save battery and the shrink of the die in order to do that then by all means grab a 10750h laptop but it is going to be expensive if you wan't all the goodies so your games run flawless without hickups. Also you don't meantion if you want a gaming screen or a regular 60hz that most probably the 10750h will come with. If you truly want a gaming laptop you need to get a Razer Laptop or ASUS and what not. Good Luck ;)

Solution

ZickZak

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2013
The hard date because I'm leaving US around then and going to Europe for about a year. The prices of laptops in Europe can be like 170% of US ones.

If the Tigers aren't out yet, I'll be most likely getting Acer Predator Helios 300 for 1.200 USD or something similar, but lighter in weight.

Intel i7-10750H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB, 15.6" Full HD 144Hz 3ms IPS Display, 16GB Dual-Channel DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, WiFi 6, RGB Keyboard, PH315-53-72XD