News Intel 13th Gen Raptor Lake CPU Pricing Pops Up on Canadian Retailer

JamesJones44

Reputable
Jan 22, 2021
Regardless of more silicon, raising prices will only make sense if they can at a minimum get close to Zen 4 counter parts and those counter parts are not priced below where Intel wants to price them. If it ends up performance isn't that close and priced above Zen 4 counter parts, Intel is probably looking at another Rocket Lake.

cyrusfox

Distinguished
priced above Zen 4 counter parts
Have you seen rumored Zen 4 prices... Both of them are hiking up prices ≈20% and only Intel is actually supplying the low end. They are matching prices against offering and everyone is going to have to pony up to get the latest gen.
13600k/KF & 7600X both ≈ $340
13700K/KF & 7700X both ≈$500
Then we get some separation
7900X @ $600
13900K @$700
7950X @ $900

I really see the top end of AMD (7950X) coming down unless it is a convincing winner against 13900K. They both have the same number threads (32), Intel has a lot more cores to get there (24) vs AMD traditional 16/32 (whatever AMD calls its hyperthreading tech).

So the real inflation is about 15%?

Well, I guess this will help us consume/buy less overall? haha.

As for the AMD prices, that is to be seen. Most leaks point to same-ish price points and not higher. The only leaks from retailers with sticker prices being higher have been from retailers that already inflate prices a lot.

Regards.

JamesJones44

Reputable
Jan 22, 2021
So the real inflation is about 15%?

Well, I guess this will help us consume/buy less overall? haha.

As for the AMD prices, that is to be seen. Most leaks point to same-ish price points and not higher. The only leaks from retailers with sticker prices being higher have been from retailers that already inflate prices a lot.

Regards.

Nah, the gov will just keep handing out free money to make up the difference. What could go wrong?

Reactions: Lafong
Ignore those prices.
Placeholder? Yes but PC Canada has the highest listed prices for their top CPUs of any of the top 3 component retailers in Canada for existing CPUs.
I don't know why Tom's is giving ink to this company unless they are desperate to report something.
It dimishes Tom's credibility to do so.

Ignore those prices.
Placeholder? Yes but PC Canada has the highest listed prices for their top CPUs of any of the top 3 component retailers in Canada for existing CPUs.
I don't know why Tom's is giving ink to this company unless they are desperate to report something.
It dimishes Tom's credibility to do so.
The comparison is valid, because it's "old stuff" vs "new stuff" within the same page. The percentage difference should be a good indicator of other place's pricing of current vs the new prices. I do agree it would be bad with no anchoring point, but they do provide it.

Also, this doesn't mean the CPUs when released won't have discounts the next week. Most Alder Lake CPUs actually started getting discounts with like 1 week in.

Regards.