News Intel 14th-Gen Raptor Lake Refresh Launch Date Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

plusev

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2014
A paper launch technically isn't a launch. People won't be getting their hands on these until mid November at the earliest.

Anyway, I'm long overdue for an upgrade, but I'll wait for real world results before pulling the trigger. My 10th gen i7 is still going strong despite showing its age.

Reactions: Tom Sunday
Indeed…a paper launch.
A paper launch is when a company launches a product on paper...but doesn't make nearly enough units to satisfy the demand. There is no sign that intel will not supply enough units.
As usual OEM’s always trying to get into peoples pocket just in time for the Holiday Season or around Thanksgiving!
But that's when people have money to buy useless things that they don't really need, of course that's when the market will showcase/offer them.
If I would be looking for a CPU upgrade now, the timing to purchasing a refresh of the existing Intel architecture is bad as in another 6-8 months the much better and more meaningful performing 15th generation will be on our doorstep.
What leak are you basing this on?! Everything I saw says end of 2024, so the 15th gen will release 12 months after the 14th gen and the 14th gen is still at least one month away.
While there are many that can wait one more year, there also many that have to buy this year.
Surely adaptor kits will be proffered, but would a real ‘tech-bro’ shell out $1,500 or more and use a adaptor-kit to satisfy a AIO OEM refreshing his own and or existing architecture. Interesting tech times ahead!
Because upgraders are the number one customer group?!
There is a guaranteed level of sales for computers every year. Because we are not in 1969 anymore.
Also, yes, if this will be true "much better and more meaningful performing 15th generation " then people will pay to upgrade.

mac_angel

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
I might be remembering wrong, but didn't Intel say they were losing the "i" in the naming scheme? I kinda figured this 'release' might be more about changing the naming than big speed increase.

jimbob567

Honorable
Aug 3, 2017
not impressed with the 14th gen intel , they have the same specs as 13 th gen just a little faster,,,,,Intel's new 14th-gen Core mobile chip includes a big change: It pushes low power and AI over high performance. Intel's new 14th-gen Core chip, Meteor Lake, is designed as much for Intel as it is for you. A new disaggregation scheme separates the “processor” into four tiles, cutting power and increasing yields.,, i dont know if i like low power , i want the cpu to go faster more frame rates

Status
Not open for further replies.