[SOLVED] Intel 2500k problem

Aug 25, 2019
My i5 2500k is crashing my windows when i enable all 4 cores, but the weird part is that if i set it to 2 cores i runs windows just fine is my cpu broken or what and how can i enbale 4 cores without having my windows 10 to crash? I have tried everything new motherboard, new ram, new hdd and still does the same thing. please help!!

Solution
I have resetted the bios and still crashing when booting up windows with 4 cores
You could try one last thing before buying a new powersupply. Take the CPU out of the socket, see if there are any bent pins on the motherboard socket and then place the CPU back in if you see no bent pin. You may want to consider reapplying thermal past on the CPU before putting the heatsink back on. Now once you have done that, try booting the computer with 4 cores enabled.
Aug 25, 2019
Windows 10 64x 64 bit
CPU: I5 2500k 3.30 GHZ
Motherboard: Asus P8H61-MLX
Ram: 8gb 1666HZ
SSD: 120GB
HDD: 232GB
GPU: GTX 770
PSU: 550W i Think 2/3 years old
Chassis: I Dont know

My i5 2500k is crashing my windows when i enable all 4 cores, but the weird part is that if i set it to 2 cores i runs windows just fine is my cpu broken or what and how can i enbale 4 cores without having my windows 10 to crash? I have tried everything new motherboard, new ram, new hdd and still does the same thing. please help!!
Have you checked your CPU temperature when you have either 2 or 4 cores enabled? You're CPU temps may thermal throttling the system until it shuts down. What is the power supply model? You might have a bad or insufficient power supply, so the system crashes when put under load.

Aug 25, 2019
Have you checked your CPU temperature when you have either 2 or 4 cores enabled? You're CPU temps may thermal throttling the system until it shuts down. What is the power supply model? You might have a bad or insufficient power supply, so the system crashes when put under load.
My cpu temps are around 34 to max 45 even when on 4 cores. My cpu was working before but all of a sudden it started to crash. My power supply is gembird 500w power supply unit i dont know more about my power supply. Could it be that my cpu's other half is broken?

My cpu temps are around 34 to max 45 even when on 4 cores. My cpu was working before but all of a sudden it started to crash. My power supply is gembird 500w power supply unit i dont know more about my power supply. Could it be that my cpu's other half is broken?
How long have you used or tried using the 2500k and GTX 770? Judging by the system specs you listed, you need a power supply with at least 24amps on 12volt. If you look at the side of the power supply, can you read off the model number or maybe what the amperage is on 12v? If you need a new power supply, a Corsair CX or CXM (modular) 550 with 2x 6+2 pcie rails would be enough. It needs two 6+2 pin pcie rails to feed the GTX 770.

Aug 25, 2019
How long have you used or tried using the 2500k and GTX 770? Judging by the system specs you listed, you need a power supply with at least 24amps on 12volt. If you look at the side of the power supply, can you read off the model number or maybe what the amperage is on 12v? If you need a new power supply, a Corsair CX or CXM (modular) 550 with 2x 6+2 pcie rails would be enough. It needs two 6+2 pin pcie rails to feed the GTX 770.
This is the power supply https://www.gembird.nl/item.aspx?id=9785

The amperage isn't listed anywhere and I can't quite make it out from the picture, so you will need to read it off the power supply in the Current part of the voltage table on the sticker. It should be on the side facing outwards when you open the case.

Also, how many cables plug into your video card? Are they 6pin or 8pin or a 6 and 8 if 2 cables? If it's 2 cables, that means you are using an adapter to the video card, which might be part of the problem.

You haven't said how long you had the system so we don't know if it's a recent issue or you just started having it after putting together the system.

Aug 25, 2019
The amperage isn't listed anywhere and I can't quite make it out from the picture, so you will need to read it off the power supply in the Current part of the voltage table on the sticker. It should be on the side facing outwards when you open the case.

Also, how many cables plug into your video card? Are they 6pin or 8pin or a 6 and 8 if 2 cables? If it's 2 cables, that means you are using an adapter to the video card, which might be part of the problem.

You haven't said how long you had the system so we don't know if it's a recent issue or you just started having it after putting together the system.
i just took out the video card and still the same problem. I read 12v+ is that what you're looking for? and i have 2x 8 pins in the video card.

i just took out the video card and still the same problem. I read 12v+ is that what you're looking for? and i have 2x 8 pins in the video card.
The power supply you linked only has 1 6+2pin (8pin) listed, so that is why I'm asking how you are getting power to the video card. You would need a power adapter. Also you took the Video card out and it still doesn't work with 4 cores enabled, you should try a bios reset and see it to default and see if it will boot 4 cores. Also check that you are running the newest bios for your board which is Version 4601 from 2014/05/22.

Aug 25, 2019
The power supply you linked only has 1 6+2pin (8pin) listed, so that is why I'm asking how you are getting power to the video card. You would need a power adapter. Also you took the Video card out and it still doesn't work with 4 cores enabled, you should try a bios reset and see it to default and see if it will boot 4 cores. Also check that you are running the newest bios for your board which is Version 4601 from 2014/05/22.
I have resetted the bios and still crashing when booting up windows with 4 cores

You could try one last thing before buying a new powersupply. Take the CPU out of the socket, see if there are any bent pins on the motherboard socket and then place the CPU back in if you see no bent pin. You may want to consider reapplying thermal past on the CPU before putting the heatsink back on. Now once you have done that, try booting the computer with 4 cores enabled.

Solution