Intel 3000 vs. NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT or ATI Radeon X1950 Pro

dfarewell

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
Hello,
I'm looking to buy one of the new 13" macbook pros and was hoping to play some older games on it as well as a couple new ones, notably Diablo 3. The beta system reqs. for D3 for graphics are a NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT or ATI Radeon X1950 Pro or better but as you all probably know the new MBP 13" comes with an Intel 3000 onboard chip. Is that comparable to those NVIDIA and Radeon models above? Will a game requiring one of those or better run on the MBP? Thanks so much!

farrengottu

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
the hd 3000 scored 10200 in 3dmark 06 while the x1950 does 12500. these are max scores from overclocking. im not really willing to go through details untill i find stock speeds.
but the game wont look pretty with any of these 3 cards. just buy a gaming pc. forget mac you get 3 times the computer for the same money going with anyone else. plus OSX isnt really designed for gaming and windows is that alone will get you more fps

Live and learn. Sometimes one has to spend money to learn and I have done that like everyone else. Don't get that Mac when it comes to gaming. If you want to stay with apple or at the very least osx look for something more modern or build a hackintosh rig using more capable parts.