[SOLVED] Intel & 3080 Build

Oct 14, 2020
Hey Tom's,

finally i decided about a rig that i want to buy, the cost of this rig in my country is around 3550USD.

just asking here to hear more opinions and suggestions - MOST BE INTEL CPU THOUGH [ I know amd got new cpu's on the way, i hate amd, i got 2 pc's with it and not enjoying it so i am pretty much locked on Intel ]

CPU : intel i7 10700k
CPU Cooler : ASUS ROG Strix LC 360RGB White edition liquid cooler.
MOBO : Asus ROG STRIX Z490- A GAMING
RAM : Gigabyte AORUS 3600 CL18 16GB [ 8X2 ] With RGB
CASE : LIAN-LI Full Tower Case PC-011 Dynamic White
PSU : Corsair RM850 850W PSU 80+ Gold Fully Modular
Additional fans : Corsair iCUE QL120 RGB 120mm PWM White Fan 3 Pack
SSD : WD SSD 1.0TB NVMe M.2 2280 SN750 Black
GPU : 3080 [ Evga \ Asus strix \ AORUS ] depence on the supply in my country.

As you already figured it out i care about the looks of my pc very much and willing to pay for it.

The plan is to put RADIATOR + Cpu fans on SIDE [ AIR OUTSIDE ] , 3 more fans on bottom , and 3 more fans on top.

Last edited:
Solution
Hey Tom's,

finally i decided about a rig that i want to buy, the cost of this rig in my country is around 3550USD.

just asking here to hear more opinions and suggestions - MOST BE INTEL CPU THOUGH [ I know amd got new cpu's on the way, i hate amd, i got 2 pc's with it and not enjoying it so i am pretty much locked on Intel ]

GPU : 3080 [...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hey Tom's,

GPU : 3080 [ Evga \ Asus strix \ AORUS ] depence on the supply in my country.

As you already figured it out i care about the looks of my pc very much and willing to pay for it.

The plan is to put RADIATOR + Cpu fans on SIDE [ AIR OUTSIDE ] , 3 more fans on bottom , and 3 more fans on top.

Hi @GuyNoreN

Just curious which AMD chips you have to cause you to hate them.

As for your system, very nice.

That case is great, I just finished a build using the black version of the Dynamic. Good room & airflow EXCEPT for the side location for the Radiator. The 360 is big (I used a 360 as well from Corsair) and the side location has poor venting if you plan to use a radiator. Decent enough for regular RGB case fans, but behind that siding is less than an inch before the back place of the case so you'll just be venting INTO your case.

Would advise you to consider mounting it on the top. (Also the back (side) area is where the cabling from the power button/USB/front RGB control PCB is and so it too blocks a little as well.) On that case, there is an RGB strip going down the front. You'll need to plug it into your mobo next to where the pwr & reset plugs in. There is a small connector that's easy to miss.

Last but not least, there is a retainer/support strip going down from top to bottom on the back once you cake the back of the case off that is held on with 4 tiny screws, this has to be removed to install your PSU.

Really nice case. You'll like it. Sturdy.

WD is an excellent company, but would suggest you look at the Samsung 970 Plus m.2 instead. I used a, 1 TB as primary and a 2TB as storage and they worked great.

The QL120 fans are great if you haven't ever used them. Comes with everything you need to mount 6 into the controller directly or if you want to daisy chain them. USE THE SAME EXACT FANS if you plan to have multiple installed. iQue is great but if you mix & match RGB fans it's a nightmare to get them all configured correctly on the different channels.

Are you dead set on using an AIO? They don't cool as well as air. (Everyone has their own opinion on this I know) but I tested the AIO I installed vs my NH-D15 and there wasn't any question the AIO didn't cool "as" well. It looked WAY cooler but was several degrees warmer. I used the Corsair H150i.

Let us know how everything goes once you put it together! Pics too!

Solution
Oct 14, 2020
Hi @GuyNoreN

Just curious which AMD chips you have to cause you to hate them.

As for your system, very nice.

That case is great, I just finished a build using the black version of the Dynamic. Good room & airflow EXCEPT for the side location for the Radiator. The 360 is big (I used a 360 as well from Corsair) and the side location has poor venting if you plan to use a radiator. Decent enough for regular RGB case fans, but behind that siding is less than an inch before the back place of the case so you'll just be venting INTO your case.

Would advise you to consider mounting it on the top. (Also the back (side) area is where the cabling from the power button/USB/front RGB control PCB is and so it too blocks a little as well.) On that case, there is an RGB strip going down the front. You'll need to plug it into your mobo next to where the pwr & reset plugs in. There is a small connector that's easy to miss.

Last but not least, there is a retainer/support strip going down from top to bottom on the back once you cake the back of the case off that is held on with 4 tiny screws, this has to be removed to install your PSU.

Really nice case. You'll like it. Sturdy.

WD is an excellent company, but would suggest you look at the Samsung 970 Plus m.2 instead. I used a, 1 TB as primary and a 2TB as storage and they worked great.

The QL120 fans are great if you haven't ever used them. Comes with everything you need to mount 6 into the controller directly or if you want to daisy chain them. USE THE SAME EXACT FANS if you plan to have multiple installed. iQue is great but if you mix & match RGB fans it's a nightmare to get them all configured correctly on the different channels.

Are you dead set on using an AIO? They don't cool as well as air. (Everyone has their own opinion on this I know) but I tested the AIO I installed vs my NH-D15 and there wasn't any question the AIO didn't cool "as" well. It looked WAY cooler but was several degrees warmer. I used the Corsair H150i.

Let us know how everything goes once you put it together! Pics too!

I really appreciate your comment first of all,

I used amd the 2600 and 3600 for the AMD team as budget CPU's,
Heard intel are just better for gaming which is my main use with the computer.
I really want that AIO cooler, never had one, i know the noctua are better performers for sure.

You think there is a room for Radiator + his fans on top
3 regular on side, 3 on the bottom ?

the case came with any default fans ? or i have to buy all the additional 6 as well.
any suggestions for better set off 3fans X2 ?

I am just looking for a pc for the next years to come without regreting about it in performance as well as the looks of it [ the pc sits infront of me all the time ].

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I really appreciate your comment first of all,

I used amd the 2600 and 3600 for the AMD team as budget CPU's,
Heard intel are just better for gaming which is my main use with the computer.
I really want that AIO cooler, never had one, i know the noctua are better performers for sure.

You think there is a room for Radiator + his fans on top
3 regular on side, 3 on the bottom ?

the case came with any default fans ? or i have to buy all the additional 6 as well.
any suggestions for better set off 3fans X2 ?

I am just looking for a pc for the next years to come without regreting about it in performance as well as the looks of it [ the pc sits infront of me all the time ].

Yes to the radiator on top. It actually fits in really nice. The Dynamic also has pre-drilled holes to secure the radiator. (12 screws if I'm not mistaken) Have the hoses coming from the R. side and you'll see how nice it mounts. Yes for 3 fans on the bottom, side & 1 on the back across from the CPU. That unfortunately is 7 fans so 2 boxes of the QL's + 1 black fan? Or if you have a favorite color just get it in that color to match the other 6. As for fans kits, there are other cheaper ones that may or may not be better, but I really liked the QL's, even though they were $$.

Your mobo has 2 Aura RGB headers. Direct link to your mobo's manual. (Chapter 1.1-2) Here's the Aura Sync software direct site.

No to any fans, but it does have a button on the front that changes the RGB strip down the front and any fans connected to the mini RGB controller. (Back of the case at the bottom)

Register everything and monitor your temps. :)

Oct 14, 2020
Yes to the radiator on top. It actually fits in really nice. The Dynamic also has pre-drilled holes to secure the radiator. (12 screws if I'm not mistaken) Have the hoses coming from the R. side and you'll see how nice it mounts. Yes for 3 fans on the bottom, side & 1 on the back across from the CPU. That unfortunately is 7 fans so 2 boxes of the QL's + 1 black fan? Or if you have a favorite color just get it in that color to match the other 6. As for fans kits, there are other cheaper ones that may or may not be better, but I really liked the QL's, even though they were $$.

Your mobo has 2 Aura RGB headers. Direct link to your mobo's manual. (Chapter 1.1-2) Here's the Aura Sync software direct site.

No to any fans, but it does have a button on the front that changes the RGB strip down the front and any fans connected to the mini RGB controller. (Back of the case at the bottom)

Register everything and monitor your temps. :)

THANK You deeply.
I still didnt figure it out where to put the extra FAN,
on the back it seems like it has no room for a fan.
but i now understand more how to setup the other fans.

in my country there isnt enough 3080 stock at the moment so i will make the order in a month or so.
they offer to built the pc by themself, i will instruct them like we talked about here.

if they can't commit to that, i will build it in my own [ it will be my first build so i am really <Mod Edit> if i screw something up ]
i will try to get 6 fans from the same brand and model

Last edited by a moderator: