Question Intel 390 Chipset Network Driver Won’t Install

Mar 17, 2019
So I recently built a new PC, and am having troubles with one of the drivers, which is the network driver. I installed the rest of the drivers the motherboard drivers by using my laptop and downloading them to a flash drive, which I then obviously put into my new PC and installed that way. All other drivers went in fine.

When I try to extract the files for the network driver, it says: These files couldn’t be extracted, and gives me an error code: 0x80004005.

Please Help

Specs:
Intel Core i7 9700k
MSi MPG Gaming Pro Carbon z390
RTX 2080 (MSi Gaming X Trio)
16gb G skill Trident Z (3200)
Samsung 970 Evo 250gb NVME M.2 ssd
Windows 10.

Everything was built and installed last night.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Mar 17, 2019
Did you get the drivers from MSI or from Intel?

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-Z390-GAMING-PRO-CARBON#down-driver&Win10 64

Also, is the network adapter enabled in your BIOS (by default, it should be)?
I downloaded them from MSi’s site, and yes I made sure it was enabled in the Bios. Using a wired connection directly to the router.

Did you get the drivers from MSI or from Intel?

You know, it's weird, but unlike ALL other Intel chipset series, I do not see ANY Z390 chipset drivers available from the Intel website. The Z370 chipset is covered under the 300 series driver (.inf) package from Intel, but it does not seem to specify that the 390 chipset is covered so I've been working with the assumption that you MUST use the drivers available through the manufacturer for your specific board model on all Z390 motherboards.

Mar 17, 2019
You know, it's weird, but unlike ALL other Intel chipset series, I do not see ANY Z390 chipset drivers available from the Intel website. The Z370 chipset is covered under the 300 series driver (.inf) package from Intel, but it does not seem to specify that the 390 chipset is covered so I've been working with the assumption that you MUST use the drivers available through the manufacturer for your specific board model on all Z390 motherboards.
Which is why I’m confused, because like I said, I went to MSi to download the driver. This morning I went to intel to see if I could get them from their site and I saw there was nothing.

Mar 17, 2019
Do you have access to another network adapter? USB or PCIe based? If so, you could use that to attempt to download and install directly.
I do have a PCIe WLAN card I had in my old system, but it would be a major pain to try and install that in my new system. I have my GPU mounted vertically using a mount From Cable Mod. I wasn’t planning on needing to use wireless with the new PC. Either way I don’t see how that would change anything. Weird how the simple things can cause the biggest problems

Mar 17, 2019
(Solved) I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I downloaded the driver to my laptop and this time I extracted it before putting into the flashdrive and it worked. Thanks for the help guys