intel 4350 vs intel vs 4130 vs amd 6300 vs amd 8320?

ThatGuy2u2

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014
ok so im stuck lol this is my current build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/99dV23

this build is for gaming (no i dont need to play everything on ultra 4k etc) so im content with this. im thinking of ways i could save money and was wondering would i be ok if i switched the cpu with an amd 6300?

im also in college for graphic arts/media and i hear intel can be better for this. would the 4130 or 4350 be as good as my current amd 8320? price wise and considering which would would be better for editing and gaming, should i switch to intel? if intel would it matter which of the two processors i used?

as you can see in my build i plan on using the gtx 750 ti (i really dont want to change that) so that might effect which cpu i should use. thanks for any advice

Solution
Well, that's depend on application..

image processing and video processing (for example adobe series and vegas), good in openCL and CUDA..

Autocad, works better on Nvdia CUDA..
Maya, works better on Nvdia CUDA..
Catia, works better on Nvdia CUDA..
3Ds Max+Iray rendering, Only work with Nvidia CUDA..
Blender cycle, Only work with Nvidia CUDA..
Octane render, Only work with Nvidia CUDA..

Ensight, works better on AMD OpenCL..
Lightwave, works better on AMD OpenCL..
ProEng, works better on AMD OpenCL..
SolidWorks, works better on AMD OpenCL..
Siemens NX, works better on AMD OpenCL..
Autodesk Inventor, , works better on AMD OpenCL..

So, it's really depend your application..

Quaddro

Distinguished
i3 class cpu compared to fx 8xxx?

well, get the fx 8xxx class then..

In some older games they may be equal, but today and future games will utilize more cores..

also, in media, you'll need rendering process (for example in premiere, vegas, max, maya, blender, etc)..and this one need as many as cores available..and for this one, fx8320 is far stronger than any i3 setup..

ThatGuy2u2

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

so what about the 6300? is the difference large enough for me not needing to downgrade?

Quaddro

Distinguished

for today games, no..there are just a little fps difference between fx6300 and fx8320..
Because mostly today games just using 4 core or less..only few games can utilize more than 4 cores, exp: BF4..
But, like i said before, future games will utilize more than 4 cores..

For media productivity exp rendering process, yes, there are huge differences between fx6 and fx8..

ThatGuy2u2

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

ok thanks!

guess i'll stick with the 8320.

off topic but do you think the 750 ti is a good card? around that price range people reccommend the r7 260x or an 265.

Quaddro

Distinguished
750ti is a excellent card..for htpc..
low power, low heat etc etc etc..

and yes, r7 260x/265 provide more fps power than 750Ti in any games..

But, since you study at the graphics and media, then stick to nvdia..almost all of 3D programs working well with CUDA cores.. and this one will save a lot rendering time, rather than CPU rendering..for example, blendercycle..

actually, if you working alot in 3D environment, i suggest to take GTX580..an old card, but very strong CUDA cores..even stronger than gtx 770..

ThatGuy2u2

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

k thx :)

ThatGuy2u2

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

if you scroll down to GeForce GTX 750 Ti vs Radeon R7 265: Theoretical Application Tests
Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/radeon-r7-265-vs-geforce-gtx-750-ti-which-is-best-for-1080p-gaming#a1ezZ5DWYtclmllI.99

it says the 265 is better at editing and such

Quaddro

Distinguished
Well, that's depend on application..

image processing and video processing (for example adobe series and vegas), good in openCL and CUDA..

Autocad, works better on Nvdia CUDA..
Maya, works better on Nvdia CUDA..
Catia, works better on Nvdia CUDA..
3Ds Max+Iray rendering, Only work with Nvidia CUDA..
Blender cycle, Only work with Nvidia CUDA..
Octane render, Only work with Nvidia CUDA..

Ensight, works better on AMD OpenCL..
Lightwave, works better on AMD OpenCL..
ProEng, works better on AMD OpenCL..
SolidWorks, works better on AMD OpenCL..
Siemens NX, works better on AMD OpenCL..
Autodesk Inventor, , works better on AMD OpenCL..

So, it's really depend your application..

Solution

ThatGuy2u2

Honorable
Jan 6, 2014

im sorry but the only program i recognized was maya lol.