Intel 4400 not showing under Device Manager (want to use 2 monitors on seperate cards)

Sep 16, 2018
Hello this is a bit of a tricky one, I hope you can help!

I have an optiplex 3020, I have put in a graphics card (radeon 4350) and want to use the graphics card on the second monitor and use the onboard 4400 for the main monitor.

I have enabled the integrated to work with a PCI card in the bios however the system still does not detect the intel 4400 in device manager.

I have tried reinstalling the OS and tried to update to latest intel drivers but I get an error message saying I do not meet the requirements (because it doesn't show in device manager, the PC doesn't think there is a 4400 in there)

Does anyone have some sort of solution for me? Thanks :)

Sep 16, 2018

Hi i have just tested, the integrated now shows up and I am installing the drivers! I'm not sure why I didn't think of trying this method yet. I will pick you as a solution if this works thanks

Sep 16, 2018

Update, still not working. I managed to fully update the drivers and it displays as Intel HD 4400 in device manager (without the card plugged in) and it works fine

When I then put i back in with the correct option enabled in BIOS it still does not allow both to be used at once. I have just flashed the bios to the newest settings also.

Sep 16, 2018

Picked as solution.

I forgot to re-change the BIOS settings after flashing it, it allowed me extra video options that i didn't have before