Intel 520 displaying 31.40gb of 120gb help

Darcvigilante

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
So looked in disk part and in total including "unallocated space" it shows the same. A friend nuke this drive as it was his and now the wrong amount of gigs are available. Any help would be great thanks!

Darcvigilante

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

Does not allow expansion of the volume. It is greyed out. I would think this is only possible if it is registering the unused space which it isn't. thanks though!

Darcvigilante

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

uvy3yFJ.png

hld3y9X.png

http://
http://

Reyaz123

Admirable
Oh, thanks for the screenshots.
Unfortunately for you, there are 3 separate disk drives. Previously I assumed there was an unallocated partition in your first disk.

What you can do however, is install windows on that second drive and boot to it instead. Hope this helps.

Edit: You can still use drive d as a drive to store files though.

I have heard of different things like screen mirroring or striping, but it comes with the risk of data loss while doing so but if someone can post a better solution about it, you should be good to go.

Darcvigilante

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

Yes the second is purely for storage. What I want to do is recover the other 80+ gigs that aren't showing on the 120gb ssd. I could install to the other drive however, that does not fix my issue with the ssd. I have formatted before and it didn't change the size of the ssd.

Darcvigilante

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

No as stated I have a 120gb 520 intel ssd showing as 31.40 gb's I want to know how to recover the other 80+gb's that aren't showing if anyone knows a way. The 1tb hard drive works and has the correct amount after a format and a couple files.

Darcvigilante

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

So this will work to free up some of the space used by the page file but, does nothing to get gigs that aren't already present back. Thank you though for the help! I haven't seen an issue like this one before so hoping someone will have encountered it.