Question Intel 6800k idle at 53 degrees

ImmortalSavage

Reputable
Mar 9, 2015
Hi guys,

Cpu sits at 53c to 55c not doing anything, ambient temp in the house is about 20c to 27c depending on outside temp, under load temp goes up to 70c to 80c , what's wrong with my pc? Using a NZXT Kraken to cool with an Asus X99 Deluxe II Mobo, let me know if you need other parts listed if they could be factoring in.

ImmortalSavage

Reputable
Mar 9, 2015
If you're sure the cooler is mounted correctly, and there's adequate case airflow... then your cooler's pump is dying, and it's time for a replacement.
That, or... You haven't dusted the radiator in quite some time?
I do have a duster that i use frequently i don't know, my pump maybe dying, do you think it could just be the chip itself?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I don't think so? I just applied thermal paste as normal, actually just reapplied to some better stuff than the cooler master paste I had before.
Then it's not the cpu.

If you can prove it's NOT the pump dying on you, then there's one other possibility.
You see, liquid cooling is just a HYBRID of air cooling, and will not do much, if at all any better, than air cooling if your case cooling sucks.

What's your case, and how is your airflow set up?

ImmortalSavage

Reputable
Mar 9, 2015
Then it's not the cpu.

If you can prove it's NOT the pump dying on you, then there's one other possibility.
You see, liquid cooling is just a HYBRID of air cooling, and will not do much, if at all any better, than air cooling if your case cooling sucks.

What's your case, and how is your airflow set up?
Sorry for the late response, I have a corsair 460x with 3 LL fan in front as well as another LL in back with two LL fans on pull for my radiator on top. I was honestly debating just buy a Dark Rock and seeing if that helps.