Intel 750 400GB PCI-E x4 NVMe SSD & Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2 Gen 3.0 compatibility ?

n9nu

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
fnal.gov
Hello

I am trying to find a definitive answer in regards to the following hardware compatibility:

Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2 Gen 3.0 (PCI-E 3.x support)
SSD: Intel 750 400GB PCI-E NVMe SSD

Does this motherboard fully support the Intel 750...as in being bootable to Win 10 64 Bit ?? I realize the previous version of this motherboard (R2) is NOT PCI-E 3.x and will work, however, with limited potential.

If the newer board I have is fully compatible, what is the proper procedure to preform a fresh install of Win 10 64 Bit ? I have the latest UEFI/BIOS, so that is all set. Will Win 10 ask me for the NVMe driver....via the 'Hit F6' or other option at the requested time or do I need to do do something different.

Note: I did email Asus in regards to this, however, I got the usual answer: Check out our new SSD (outdated of course) compatibility PDF files. He also stated "while I cannot say for sure, it appears to be compatible due to the boards PCI-E 3.0 slots, however, we can only recommend using those SSD's in which we physically tested" (which is less than a handful).

Tnx

Tim