Jun 30, 2020
Recently my gaming rig motherboard and processor got damaged. I sent both for RMA.
Received repaired motherboard. But Intel has emailed me that they dont have stock of 7th gen i5 7600k. Hence to take adjusted refund.

Problem is if they cant provide...i cant buy in market too(unavailability).
And if i want to shift to new processor then will have to change to new motherboard since Z270x dont support above 7th gen even though its a LGA 1151 socket.
Problem with intel is they keep changing socket with every new product generation and theirs is not backward compatible like AMD.

Has anyone faced this type of issue with Intel? Could you request replacement even after intel email about stock related problem?

Solution
Recently my gaming rig motherboard and processor got damaged. I sent both for RMA.
Received repaired motherboard. But Intel has emailed me that they dont have stock of 7th gen i5 7600k. Hence to take adjusted refund.

And if i want to shift to new processor then will have to change to new motherboard since Z270x dont support above 7th gen even though its a LGA 1151 socket.
Problem with intel is they keep changing socket with every new product generation and theirs is not backward compatible like AMD.

Has anyone faced this type of issue with Intel? Could you request replacement even after intel email about stock related problem?
7th gen...

7th gen is EOL It's doubtful Intel would have any in stock to send you replacement. They just can't producing old products
LGA 1151 socket is still same but chipset and MB configuration are a problem, needs to be in tune with CPU and memory generation. That's how they operate.
AMD with Ryzen took another tack, 3 or 4 generations of Ryzen can work with first chipset and socket but even that is somewhat restricted, latest CPUs are working best only with latest chipset MBs.

Reactions: Nu_Falcon
Solution