Question Intel 8th gen Win 7 support

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Hey guys so yesterday i got Intel i3 8th gen with Gigabyte mobo when i got back home i installed the drivers everything went fine but my keyboard and Mouse arent working anymore the driver failed to download and no mouse or keyboard will work
the computer guy told me that you need win 10 to run it
so i have to wait a few days since i dont have any win 10 with me is there any way it could work

Any PS/2 mouse keyboard should work right away and 99.99% of USB m+k should work right away as well.
Is your's some special set? What exactly did you do? Didn't they work at all? Did they stop working when you installed some driver,if yes then which one?

Hey guys so yesterday i got Intel i3 8th gen with Gigabyte mobo when i got back home i installed the drivers everything went fine but my keyboard and Mouse arent working anymore
So - you reused windows 7 from some other computer?
Change of motherboard usually requires reinstallation of windows.

If you don't do that, you get several issues:
boot compatibility (system may not boot),​
drivers compatibility (BSODs and lowered system performance),​
windows activation broken.​
And to install windows 7 on 8th gen Intel system, usb drivers have to be integrated into installation manually.
Gigabyte has special tool for it - windows USB installation tool
https://www.gigabyte.com/Support/Utility?kw=z370&p=1

Hey guys so yesterday i got Intel i3 8th gen with Gigabyte mobo when i got back home i installed the drivers everything went fine but my keyboard and Mouse arent working anymore the driver failed to download and no mouse or keyboard will work
the computer guy told me that you need win 10 to run it
so i have to wait a few days since i dont have any win 10 with me is there any way it could work
You can DL Windows 10 installation media to a USB stick if you really want to...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You can PROBABLY use the Windows 7 key to activate it even, it's certainly worth a try.