Question Intel 9260 module without m.2 or PCIe slot

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
Hi,
I'm just getting to grips with a plan of mine for a SFF micro ITX build with back to back mb/gpu in a custom case, but I'm stuck between what i can find to buy and what I'm aiming for.

I have a Gigabyte z170mx gaming 5 board which has only a M key m.2 currently housing a ssd, and I don't want a PCIe wifi card ruining the slim height I'm pretty sure i can manage to get down to. I'm aiming for around 15x30x35cm or better with room for a full size dual slot gpu. I'd rather not have a USB wifi dongle for the aesthetics either.

What options do i have if i want to get a NGF intel wifi module installed? Can i use a SATA cable to A/E key m.2 adapter if there are any out there? I could possibly run a x1 pcie riser cable around the gpu riser cable then somehow connect that to the wifi I suppose, but that is if i can't do it another way.

I did a little research and found this on amazon, but its only for ssd m.2, not wifi, but if i can hook up a 9260 to internal usb 3 then I'd be golden :)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07FCL1YQP/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A3EP4QEYMLH6KY&psc=1

tldr:
Can i use sata or usb to upgrade mobo with intel 9260NGW chip?