News Intel Alder Lake Z690 Chipset Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
After the previous high end chipsets were named Z390,Z490 and Z590. I'm shocked that Intel might go with Z690 for their next. I see no pattern here, are they just randomly picking numbers out of a hat? What an incredible leak THG has unearthed here.

InvalidError

Titan
After the previous high end chipsets were named Z390,Z490 and Z590. I'm shocked that Intel might go with Z690 for their next. I see no pattern here, are they just randomly picking numbers out of a hat? What an incredible leak THG has unearthed here.
Yup, totally unpredictable after the 40-series, 50-series, 60-series, 70-series, 80-series, 90-series, 100-series, 200-series, 300-series, 400-series and 500-series. What will they come up with next? The 700, 800, 900 and 1000 series?

With chipsets apparently still being a thing on 600-series motherboard if this leak is accurate, I wonder how many of those 500 extra pins are for additional CPU-based IOs to relieve pressure on the DMI link. I bet that from a PCB layout standpoint, board manufacturers would very much like all rear panel IO to come directly from the CPU to avoid having to route all of that stuff all the way across the board from the chipset.

weilin

Distinguished
Being a top-of-the-range product, the ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB4 naturally has support for addressable RGB lighting (using the ASRock Polychrome Sync/Polychrome RGB software) and has a very sophisticated input/output department that has a number of unique features, such as three display outputs and multi-gig networking."

What's this blob on the bottom all about... copy/paste error?

Status
Not open for further replies.