[SOLVED] Intel + Amd problems in 2022?

PhilRed

Commendable
Sep 3, 2021
I'm using a used Sapphire Nitro+ rx570 4gb on an Intel I3 10100 and ASUS PRIME H410M-E
On my pc, the gpu is overall great but fans is always sitting at 3000rpm and unchangeable even with custom fan curves from known programs.
I asked the seller if this was normal, he said it wasn't and he was able to change the fan settings and speed. I asked what parts he was using and he said he was using a Ryzen 3 3200g. All that aside, I'm perfectly fine with this except from my concern of fan degradation and being annoyed by the loud fans.
I want to ask a simple question if the problems with AMD and Intel compatibility issues is still common today. I also saw someone post about selling their rx 580 8gb but has a problem of not detecting Intel CPU and Motherboards. If this problem, is it still common today can i ask what component is the one causing issues, the CPU/Mobo or the gpus. Any comments are much appreciated! Thank you!

Solution
D
Simple answer not really. We build around 100 customs systems a year. Around 1/2 of them are running a Intel CPU with a AMD GPU, Never ran into issues like this in the past. Never used any 570's but we used quite a few 580's over the years with no issues. Is the card a OEM card like HP Dell etc. Sometimes on those cards they lock the fan speed in the bios to a certain %
D

Deleted member 362816

Simple answer not really. We build around 100 customs systems a year. Around 1/2 of them are running a Intel CPU with a AMD GPU, Never ran into issues like this in the past. Never used any 570's but we used quite a few 580's over the years with no issues. Is the card a OEM card like HP Dell etc. Sometimes on those cards they lock the fan speed in the bios to a certain %

Solution
I'm using a used Sapphire Nitro+ rx570 4gb on an Intel I3 10100 and ASUS PRIME H410M-E
On my pc, the gpu is overall great but fans is always sitting at 3000rpm and unchangeable even with custom fan curves from known programs.
I asked the seller if this was normal, he said it wasn't and he was able to change the fan settings and speed. I asked what parts he was using and he said he was using a Ryzen 3 3200g. All that aside, I'm perfectly fine with this except from my concern of fan degradation and being annoyed by the loud fans.
I want to ask a simple question if the problems with AMD and Intel compatibility issues is still common today. I also saw someone post about selling their rx 580 8gb but has a problem of not detecting Intel CPU and Motherboards. If this problem, is it still common today can i ask what component is the one causing issues, the CPU/Mobo or the gpus. Any comments are much appreciated! Thank you!
There are no Intel and AMD compatibility issues when it comes to GPU and CPU combinations.

PhilRed

Commendable
Sep 3, 2021
Thanks for the reply! This GPU is not an OEM afaik since it has a box of its own. But in case that it is, mine is doing the opposite where the main fan spins at 3000rpm even in idle regardless of temperature. I've done every possible solutions that i can do on my own such as Windows install, Mobo bios update and clean install of gpu drivers. Im afraid that i'll just have to bear this small problem.

D

Deleted member 362816

Thanks for the reply! This GPU is not an OEM afaik since it has a box of its own. But in case that it is, mine is doing the opposite where the main fan spins at 3000rpm even in idle regardless of temperature. I've done every possible solutions that i can do on my own such as Windows install, Mobo bios update and clean install of gpu drivers. Im afraid that i'll just have to bear this small problem.

Download MSI afterburner and upload a photo of where it say fan speed. Also of the curve editor. you may go into settings on afterburner and try to enable software controlled curve / firmware control mode.

D

Deleted member 362816

So even when it is set at 25% the fan is still at 3000 rpm correct? If that is the case the card or the fan is reporting wrong and just spiking it at full power.

D

Deleted member 362816

Do you know what the main cause or even a possibility of a problem? Any lead will greatly help me

I wish I could just remote into your pc and look at MSI afterburner lol.

If it is not just setting you are overlooking I would say it is hardware, the fan or the graphics card incorrectly reading RPM in which case it will revert to 100%. If it was the fan could just source a replacement off eBay, if its the card much harder to repair that.

TRENDING THREADS