News Intel and AMD Stop Chip Sales to Russia, TSMC Cuts off Supply of Homegrown Chips: Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluggotg

Honorable
Feb 17, 2019
I agree with the chip guys. Don't help them conquer the Free World. I hope China stays out of Taiwan. That would destroy vast amounts of Tech Manufacture. Taiwan makes Awesome Products!

Russia has a tiny economy, it cannot finance a long war. What will they gain in the end? Hatred from most of the world, Ukrainians that are trying to regain their freedom and a destroyed economy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geef

Distinguished
It won't matter. Within a year it will be business as usual for everybody. They just gotta get some political points in by cutting off Russia for now.

I just hope Taiwan gets a deadman switch setup for their TSMC factories. China would lose interest if TSMC was destroyed and the entire planet would gain interest from the loss of a main world chip maker.

ottonis

Reputable
Jun 10, 2020
"The new export restrictions are primarily aimed at chips for military purposes"

Actually, all chips can be used for military purposes or repurposed accordingly.
Even the smallest CPU chip can be used for intelligence, communication, encryption, data distribution etc. Basically the same logic applies to GPUs, memory modules, NAND chips etc.

So, at war, everything becomes military.

InvalidError

Titan
I hope China stays out of Taiwan.
China is quietly and attentively watching what is happening with Russia-Ukraine to gauge what may happen to it if it goes for Taiwan.

Since China is one of the biggest exporters of many materials required to make lithium batteries including lithium itself, cutting off trade with China could be tougher than Russia even without its Asian Country Manufacturing Everything status.

Last edited by a moderator:

shady28

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Really good video if you want to know the many aspects as to why Russia is invading Ukraine. The video is not political, and the issue is not single dimensional.

This leads me to wonder, if the west completely cuts Russia off like we are seeing with AMD/Intel and many others, then Russia really has no reason to keep sending oil and gas to Europe.

That may not end in the way people think it will.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If61baWF4GE&t=1284s

Status
Not open for further replies.