News Intel Announces 5.0 GHz Core i9-9900KS, Unveils More 10nm Ice Lake Details

No thanks intel. Enough of your security loophole overpriced CPUs. And this is coming from an intel user. Looking forward to Ryzen 3000.
There will be security issues with amd, just different ones, these systems are so complex that it would be very unlikely that there were no issues. But bring on the 3700x, the 3570k is getting tired and needs a rest.

svan71

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"There will be security issues with amd, just different ones" Well thats just great are hardware flaws just expected from now on? How quick you are to just forgive and forget. Not me bud, Intels has been screwing its customers the past 8 or 9 years with pathetic speed bumps that require multiple socket changes and when that wasn't enough they would keep the socket and require a new chipset. Billions upon billions in revenue and not a single thought given to fix there known flawed design. Intel ME the little black box has been a problem for years.

Jan 19, 2019
There will be security issues with amd, just different ones, these systems are so complex that it would be very unlikely that there were no issues. But bring on the 3700x, the 3570k is getting tired and needs a rest.
The 3700x seems really like a really good choice. I'm using a core i5-750 and it's probably gonna retire when that comes out. Just curious what GPU are you using?

Except the fixes that have come into silicon for the known issues on the latest chips? As a normal user do these really effect you? as they are mostly the ability to look from host into VMs or from VM to VM. And you have to be already infected. Amd hadn't exactly been constant with various shades of am3/am3+ at different wattages. Am4 seems to be consistent, but it's been 2 and bit years, not exactly a long time, and if you want PCIE 4 on the early boards, it's new board time.

As a owner of the AMD Ryzen R5-1600 @ ~3.9GHz 6 core / 12 thread. The 8 and 12 core CPU's are what I am looking forward to. ASRock my motherboard maker has indicated that my AB350 PRO4 will support the 3000 series but until the UEFI BIOS and CPU Support list comes out I won't know what CPU's will be compatible with my motherboard.

I assume the VRM's on this thing are good for 105W TDP seeing as the R7-2700X is supported as is, rumor has it the 12c/24t chips will max out at 105W TDP.

I figure I'll update the CPU during the US Christmas shopping season. Its about time I look for a replacement for my EVGA GTX 950 FTW too but thats not as high a priority as the games I play are all older. Perhaps by New Years I'll begin shopping for the GPU, maybe by then we will have an entire line up of NAVI to choose from.

Last edited:
Looking forward to an upgrade, still rocking my Phenom2 X6 @3.6 With a GTX1070.
Except for the extreme high end most CPU's for the past few years have been more of a sideways upgrade for me.
Mostly folding and occasionally a game or 2.

gmcd2200

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Well Intel can produce very nice fast computer CPU's

The problem, (the elephant in the room they are trying to hide).
# These NEW fast CPU's are not the ones with security issues fixed.
# if they fixed the security issues then they will be slower than AMD CPU's

It is a sad story, but at the moment, smart people will stay away from all Intel CPU's until the security issues are fixed/mitigated.
Best guess, 2 to 5 years.
Then they will be back on top again I expect.

Nothing wrong with competition, as we can see.

regards

Kvlt Doom

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
Saw that Fry's Electronics has the Intel Core i9-9820X Processor for $799 with a promo code. However, what I did NOT see was this 10-core processor referred to as a "decicore" which sounds simultaneously badass & like another crazy metal subgenre! Thought I'd mention that Intel is missing out an interesting marketing angle.

Probably wouldn''t make much of a difference when another exploit is discovered, though...

Oh, well.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Intel needs to stahp will all the skylake refresh nonsense. They've hit this ancient(but a beast nonetheless) arch's limit with the coffeelake cpus.
No more. 10nm, or bust.
I want to see something that'll blow me away from what I currently have.
1080ti: Nvidia failed with 2080ti. 7820x: Nothing worthwhile in Intel's current lineup, perhaps AMD will change that... waiting on reviews of the Zen 2s now.
In the meantime, my 7820x is still relevant.

JayNor

Reputable
May 31, 2019
Intel also demonstrated a number of benchmarks with AI-equipped optimizations that provided big performance boosts. Intel's Gen11 graphics support VNNI to boost AI performance

The AI support you call VNNI is now marketed by Intel as DLBoost. It isn't a part of the gen11 gpu. It is among the AVX512 capabilities of the new Sunny Cove cores. This is the first time Intel has included the AVX512 in the consumer chips. There is an avx512 unit per core, so this extra vector processing capability increases with the number of cores.

Intel needs to stahp will all the skylake refresh nonsense. They've hit this ancient(but a beast nonetheless) arch's limit with the coffeelake cpus.
No more. 10nm, or bust.
I want to see something that'll blow me away from what I currently have.
1080ti: Nvidia failed with 2080ti. 7820x: Nothing worthwhile in Intel's current lineup, perhaps AMD will change that... waiting on reviews of the Zen 2s now.
In the meantime, my 7820x is still relevant.
it's only 2 years old, of course it's still relevant.