Intel Announces Dual-Core HyperThreaded Atom for Phones

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
[citation][nom]dragonsqrrl[/nom]True. Sorry, from your original comment I thought you were trying to suggest that the SGX544 was some sort of next gen GPU, or at least an architectural "step up" from the SGX543. No big deal.[/citation]

Yeah, sorry, i was only pointing out what I had read and i should have probably looked a little more into it before just posting what i saw without knowing more. Thanks for understanding my misinterpretation. :)

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]omega21xx[/nom]x86, it's just a tweaked atom from a netbook to be blunt.[/citation]

I meant, is it Sandy Bridge? Nehalem? Core? P4 (LOL)? Or some custom architecture.

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]I meant, is it Sandy Bridge? Nehalem? Core? P4 (LOL)? Or some custom architecture.[/citation]

IT'S NETBURST! lol

Honest though, it's the same Atom architecture as the line in netbooks. It's called medfield but it's the same arc. in almost every way with tweaks for power consumption and compatibilty with ARM processes/code.

Status
Not open for further replies.