Intel Announces Sandy Bridge - Win One for Free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
People always complain about the scope of these contests then fail to remember they are reading a US based tech site......

The Rhode Island people have a complaint, internationals do not, sorry.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]People always complain about the scope of these contests then fail to remember they are reading a US based tech site......The Rhode Island people have a complaint, internationals do not, sorry.[/citation]
I'm assuming they are mostly Canadians which might as well be just another US state. Not allowing Canada is kind of like not allowing Florida. Plus saying a particular website is US based is kind of dumb considering the purpose of the internet is to provide information regardless of borders

deletemach_kernel

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
[citation][nom]scook9[/nom]People always complain about the scope of these contests then fail to remember they are reading a US based tech site......The Rhode Island people have a complaint, internationals do not, sorry.[/citation]
You need to get off the internet....the internet is meant for worldwide coverage.its meant for the entire world to be a unified playground....oh wait.....theres life in only one place on earth.......yeah you guessed it.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]deletemach_kernel[/nom]You need to get off the internet....the internet is meant for worldwide coverage.its meant for the entire world to be a unified playground....oh wait.....theres life in only one place on earth.......yeah you guessed it.[/citation]
I never implied there is only life in the US. But what you have to realize is that they have laws and regulations about these "giveaways" and being a US company they are restricted on who they can include in these. In the article linked for the give away Chris even explains in the comments there about why RI is excluded, they could do it but it would be an inordinate amount of paperwork and trouble.

[citation][nom]RipperjackAU[/nom]So, how much will Tom's be making from selling the contact list, created by this "competition"?[/citation]
I have participated in MANY of these giveaways and never received a single email or phone call from any marketing company so far......but nice conspiracy.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]I'm assuming they are mostly Canadians which might as well be just another US state. Not allowing Canada is kind of like not allowing Florida. Plus saying a particular website is US based is kind of dumb considering the purpose of the internet is to provide information regardless of borders[/citation]
Welcome to international commerce and trade laws my friend. The companies that run these websites have to be based somewhere. If you want to find out more on why this is the way it is, you can read up on it here: http://www.howstuffworks.com/question541.htm (note, I believe this is free to access by people of all nations, even though its a U.S. based website, in case you were worried).

And as for free information, have you ever received the following notice when browsing any of Tom's sites?

"Error 492: Invalid Country: Sorry, it appears that the country you are connecting from: 'Not America', is not America. Please relocate to America and retry your connection."

Probably not. The information they give out is free. The computers they give out, on the other hand, may not be free in all countries.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]deletemach_kernel[/nom]You need to get off the internet....the internet is meant for worldwide coverage.its meant for the entire world to be a unified playground....oh wait.....theres life in only one place on earth.......yeah you guessed it.[/citation]

Taxes and laws are not as universal as this world-wide web you speak of ;-)

G

USA only again, it is better to start reading UE sites, lol...

G

Most USA people think South Africa have lions and elephants running around in our streets, they not smart enough to have a chance at winning this, it should be open worldwide...

wikiwikiwhat

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Piffz[/nom]Most USA people think South Africa have lions and elephants running around in our streets, they not smart enough to have a chance at winning this, it should be open worldwide...[/citation]

Liar...LOL

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
I only care about a laptop with 17" screen 120Hz refresh rate :bounce: , that comes with Sandy 2620M along with Radeon Mobility HD 6970. MSI, Asus :sleep: ??? Are you listening? I want it now! :fou:

Status
Not open for further replies.