Intel Application accerlerator

purush

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2005
I have the new Ausus MB P5GD2 Delux with Intel 3.20Ghz socket 775. I cannot install Intel application accelerator. I have had other Intel products and have been able to install the software before installing the OS. But with my new mobo it won't install. Please give me some advise.
Thanks,
Petr

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
Look on the CD you might have the wrong version installing if you downloaded it. If you didnt and its comming off the CD run over to Intels site and grab it, as well I know nothing about the board are you useing the RAID version of the drivers or the normal vanilla version?

<A HREF="http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/support_intel.asp" target="_new">Here</A>

Chipsets on the left pane chipset software and which ever version you need.

Xeon

<font color=red>Post created with being a dickhead in mind.</font color=red>
<font color=white>For all emotional and slanderous statements contact THG for all law suits.</font color=white>

purush

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2005
Xeon Sir,

Thanks for you post, I have done that and it simply refuses to install. I am not using any Raid version, my question is do I need to install Raid ? or the Vanilla version whatever that is. Please educate me on this. My motherboard is Asus P5GD2 D. I am so confused about Raid stuff. Please I submit that I am 'D' head as you have mentioned. Waiting for a reply either from you or anyone there.
Thanks,
Peter

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
<A HREF="http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P5GDC Deluxe&Type=All" target="_new">Try this</A>

Xeon

<font color=white>For all emotional and slanderous statements contact THG for all law suits.</font color=white>

purush

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2005
Thanks, I tried to enable RAID in the IDE Controller device in the BIOS. I got a Blue screen, restarted and chose 'standard ATA' it started alright. The problem I am having is the long boot time at startup. The progress bar on the Windows XP takes 7 times to go around before it boots, on my older computer with intel application accelerator installed, it just goes twice or thrice at the most. I am at a loss to understand why I cannot instal the applicator, I have consulted Intel and they don't have the relevant application for P4 915 chipsets. Yes I have downloaded the applicator from the Asus site as directed by you tried to install but with same results. 'This software is not supported on this chipset' If you do come up with some ideas, please let me know. Thanks for your help, I really appreciated your efforts.
Peter

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
<A HREF="http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/Product_Filter.asp?ProductID=1765" target="_new">One more go</A>

Xeon

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You're on the wrong track!

The NEW Application Accelerator you're trying to instal is nothing more than a RAID driver. You're not using RAID. BUT THERE'S ANOTHER SOFTWARE PACKAGE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO INSTAL. It's called Intel INF update. It comes on the motherboard CD. It's also available from Intel's website.

So instal the INF update, that's it for the chipset. You probably have a couple other motherboard drivers to instal for onboard audio and onboard network controller. Intel just changed the way their software was packaged, the INF update is what you use for the chipset.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

purush

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2005
Mr.Crashman,

Thank you sir for your input, I shall give it a try and post back the results.
Thanks again

G

WTG Crash :smile:

<font color=green> Woohoo!! I am officially a <b> Member </b>!! </font color=green>