News Intel Arc A370M Mobile GPU Comes Close To a GTX 1650 Super

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
More important than the performance will be the drivers.
Intel graphics drivers have always been crap and they still are right now.
I wouldnt touch their graphics cards until I knew their drivers were good.

Reactions: artk2219

artk2219

Distinguished
Intel graphics drivers have always been crap and they still are right now.
I wouldnt touch their graphics cards until I knew their drivers were good.

Chicken and egg problem unfortunately, they need users to test and help with their drivers, but users aren't as likely to use it if the drivers aren't very good, well unless its ok-ish and the price is right. We'll see how this goes hah.

cyrusfox

Distinguished
Their drivers are top notch when it comes to integration with video and productivity applications (Adobe, handbrake, etc...)
For the games I play (OLD) Not really concerned or a driver at all. As if Nvidia and AMD don't need to release monthly new drivers to address issues, Nvidia is top notch and it will take years for Intel to catch up but in this market I really don't see that being a deterrent.

Personally I can't wait to replace my GT1030 with a DG2 card, assuming the price is reasonable these are all going to sell out in this market.

Look at the competition, I would consider the 3050 but much more than I want to spend(I am one of those lucky people who bought a GTX1080 with Waterblock use for $300 late 2018 when 2080 released) I can't imagine spending that same money for the equivalent of a 1060. With the possibility of DG2 and using deep link with the 12900k it will be paired with, excited to see how they can utilize this for productivity applications. In contrast the RX6500XT is going to age very poorly especially with no encode decode support.

InvalidError

Titan
Chicken and egg problem unfortunately, they need users to test and help with their drivers, but users aren't as likely to use it if the drivers aren't very good, well unless its ok-ish and the price is right. We'll see how this goes hah.
Since Intel uses the same general architecture for the 11th-gen IGP on desktops and 10th-gen on laptops which are used in millions of non-gaming PCs and laptops around the world, the core functionality should be decent by now.