News Intel Arc A380 GPU Goes Neck-and-Neck With GTX 1650 Super In New Benchmarks

mikeebb

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2014
Considering what your article compares it to, it's kind of underwhelming. OTOH, it's better than most integrated graphics, so there's that.

vinay2070

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
Considering what your article compares it to, it's kind of underwhelming. OTOH, it's better than most integrated graphics, so there's that.
Why do you feel so? If you compare the frame rate of a 1650Super vs 3070, its not far off, probably 2 to 3 times? The top end of this card will be 4 times as powerful. That means it will still be at 3070 to 3070ti level. Or am I missing something?

PCWarrior

Distinguished
May 20, 2013
tbh all i hope for is intel's gpu to be good at mining so miners go to them instead of others <_<
In this interview (start watching at around 27:58) Raja Koduri seems to point out that Intel’s way to solve the mining problem is to create dedicated hardware/ASIC that is so good/efficient at mining that miners would no longer use GPUs for mining.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yre8CHS73-Q

In this interview (start watching at around 27:58) Raja Koduri seems to point out that Intel’s way to solve the mining problem is to create dedicated hardware/ASIC that is so good/efficient at mining that miners would no longer use GPUs for mining.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yre8CHS73-Q

That's the idea when ASIC for bitcoin being created. But some miners did not like those mining operation to be dominated by those that can afford crazy expensive ASIC machine back then they create other coin that is more ASIC resistant.

If they want to create a successful chip replacing GPU they need to create a chip that can mine every type of coin out there efficiently including new type of coin that will be created in the future. And this new mining specific card need to be cheap. Like $200 per board and yet it mined like 10 3090 combined. And those that produce thus chip will not going to handle their order for this board like Bitmain did. Else miner will keep targeting gpu for mining.