News Intel Arc A380 Overclocks to 3.1 GHz, 55% Faster Than Stock

May 7, 2022
This really just shows off how inefficient Intel is at making low wattage chips of any of their products now, they want 50-100% more to just be competitive with AMDs weakest chips. They haven't been trying to be efficient, just powerful without boundaries, this already hurt the laptop versions significantly, because they needed to conform to even lower power limitations.

ARC dGPUs on laptops may only be as fast as the wattage allows, and Intel just can't smartly power the CPU and GPU to their wants because they're already using a insane amount for both. And it's probably not likely that could get optimized in software, it's going to make either of them act significantly weaker because one is going to be prioritized in such a large jump in power.

AMD with it's lower wattage chips can handle this because it's just not as big a jump, along with the rest of the AMD Advantage OEM program, makes AMD look their best compared to Intel Evo, which do a terrible job at showing Intel in the best light, especially because they lack any sort of dedicated graphics besides the insanely weak iGPU.

Say goodbye to your laptops overall endurance with Intel, and get a worse on battery experience overall, with weaker graphics and a CPU that needs at least 55W minimum but quickly wants more. AMD makes sure you get something good (with many mandates to machine spec, though yes more focused on gaming, does expect some things that overlap surprisingly with artist and video content expectations.), not just "I stuck some pieces together, it runs windows alright, it looks decent, good for a business person working in basic office softwares. I got the latest wireless standards, and I charge fast."

TRENDING THREADS