News Intel Arc A770 Shown off in Case Modder Video

InvalidError

Titan
Wake me up when the things launch internationally, are actually available to buy at a compelling price and have half-decent drivers. The damn things are almost a whole year late at this point, Intel should quit hyping something it repeatedly failed to deliver in a timely manner.

dehjomz

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Looking good I like the design of the custom pc. Now let’s see how the a770 actually performs in terms of fps, 0.1% lows, temps, noise, stability, and overclocking. Also, encoding and XeSS. I hope Intel is a formidable presence, to put further pressure on nvidia and amd to keep innovating with GeForce and Radeon.

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
Wake me up when the things launch internationally, are actually available to buy at a compelling price and have half-decent drivers. The damn things are almost a whole year late at this point, Intel should quit hyping something it repeatedly failed to deliver in a timely manner.

The way things are going that may be battlemage assuming they do not cancel the whole thing like some analysis are saying they should.

InvalidError

Titan
The way things are going that may be battlemage assuming they do not cancel the whole thing like some analysis are saying they should.
Cancelling Alchemist may be problematic since Intel is likely already sitting on a heap of wafers worth of chips waiting to ship out.

Bailing out of GPUs altogether doesn't make much sense since Intel will still need an internal graphics department for its IGPs. As Nvidia and AMD drift further away from sub-$300 GPUs, decently powerful IGPs will become increasingly important at the lower-end and Intel needs to get its (I)GPU game sorted out before then.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished

You know, I've been an engineer in the semi business for over 25 years now. It's absolutely hilarious to me when I watch the financial talking head "experts" and "analysts" give their take on my industry. It's plainly apparent they don't have a clue what they're talking about. Like they're so far out in left field that they're gonna have to pay for parking again.

Reactions: thisisaname

thisisaname

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
You know, I've been an engineer in the semi business for over 25 years now. It's absolutely hilarious to me when I watch the financial talking head "experts" and "analysts" give their take on my industry. It's plainly apparent they don't have a clue what they're talking about. Like they're so far out in left field that they're gonna have to pay for parking again.

Yes the idea if it does not instantly make a profits they have to shut it down puzzles me too.