News Intel Arc Graphics Card Prices Dip Again, Up to 18%

A whole $10 extra trim on the A750? I'd happily skip the games and apps bundle to get the card stand-alone for $200.
To be fair, it was showing up at just $220 late last week. Maybe it sold enough to make Newegg think it could increase the price? Or maybe it was only via a discount code that has since been discontinued. Either way, $220 is (was) a decent price for an A750.

hannibal

Distinguished
It just shows that it does not make sense to make GPU that are this low end and cost as much to produce as they do... I am sure that these don´t have the normal 60% profit that every company try to get at minimum.
So they did have take these away campaign and now it is coming near... we take loses, but we can manage with these loses prices... I think that $200-$230 has been estimated the cost to get this GPU done to the market, so it does not make sense to try to sell these this low price.
Either they find out of way to produce these cheaper (reduce ram, less cooling etc) or increase the price...
Lets see. If Nvidia 4060 and 4050 are expensive enough and AMD follow the suit. Intel can increase the prices of these also?

InvalidError

Titan
Either they find out of way to produce these cheaper (reduce ram, less cooling etc) or increase the price...
Lets see. If Nvidia 4060 and 4050 are expensive enough and AMD follow the suit. Intel can increase the prices of these also?
The largest single cost item on the card is the GPU die and the A750 is an almost full die (28/32 CUs), so there isn't much to cut there. Anything less than 8GB on a $200 GPU is a no-go as well, so the A750 is already at the absolute bare minimum there. Chopping the memory bus width in half and using 2GB chips instead might save a few dollars, though I doubt its already spotty performance would survive screwing around with it so much.

I don't see any way Intel raising prices would make sense when the A750's prices are apparently still so slow after last month's $30 drop that Intel did another $10 drop last week.