Intel are Aholes

yap2much

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2007
WTF is there damage report

they added support for the E6850,6750 and 6550 to D975XBX2 Boards with Bios 2692 or higher and a week later the pulled support after i order and on the way E6850 come the BS is off the charts now.

Now they have no Intel boards supporting there CPU what a bunch of retarts!!

im getting pissed i can stand when they do this crap

bydesign

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006

While that does seem odd, what support could you possibly need from Intel in the first place?

BUFF

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2003

they have their G33 & P35 mobos supporting 1333fsb ...

yap2much

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2007
the messed up are is i say over a dozen review and setups with Intel D975XBX2 Motherboards rev 504 and 505 tesing these CPU AND the newer .45nm Pernyn cores with flying colors with no problems

all they need to do is support it with a bios flash since the board is scaleable dammit

anyone know all you need is Bios support and a memory channel to be DDR2-667 or higher to handle the 333X4 channel and it does thats the messsed up part.

they added support on July 30th and pulled it on August 5th WTF

they only offer to the craptastic Board that alots cheaper and has no floppy contoler for raid

D975XBX2 is there flashship board till a few more months till they start putting out the X38 so why the F would they do that .

i guess they dont care and dont need the money or sales because only 1 board intel makes supports there new CPUs and if u wait to go intel and want a X38 then you need MB,CPU and DDR3 ram so that over 1000.00 right there , come on im not doing it id rather go ASUS then intel boards. a PK5 supports .45nm no less and its a cheap *** board and intels flagship cany handle it go figure .

function9

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
You can raid floppy drives? :heink:

I really can't understand your complaint. At one point or another the new cpus were (and I'm sure still are) running fine on the board, provided it had the updated BIOS. The BIOS update(s) are still available on their site. You're complaining about what again? You sure picked a fitting user name.

xrodney

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006

I think what he says is intel added support for new .45nm Pernyn on new bios for their board so he ordered board and week after that they removed support for this CPU from Bios.
If thats what happend i would like to get all my money back to the last peny and most probably look for components somewhere else.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
Has Intel introduced a hundredfold shrink in their CPU die? I thought that it was a 45 nm die, not a .45... Or is someone getting confused with pistol calibres and cpu's...? If the latter, I'd rather have a 9mm Glock, thank you.

skyline0511

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2007
lol. RMA the board. Most online retailers accepts returns of up to 14 days from the day of purchase. Therefore, you got a few days left.

airblazer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007

:lol: :lol:
Go for the .50 cal Desert Eagle..as any overclocker will tell you , you can never have enough power :wahoo:

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
It's entirely possible that they found an issue after the bios was released and pulled it to fix the bios. Since you don't have your CPU yet, why don't you test it before you decide?

And, if the bios actually does work, someone somewhere has it. You could probably get someone to send it to you.

boner

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004

son dont complain cuz that is an old chipset... why dont you go out there and buy one of those new motherboards with the P35 chipset i just ordered a Gigabyte P35 DS3L that costed me $100.83 including shipping and handling and if you dont have money then save from what your parents give you...

sailer

Splendid

I prefer my .44 Magnum. Maybe smaller in caliber, but what a punch for its size. Besides, its easier to find ammo. As for overclocking/overloading, a wheel gun will stand far more than an auto anytime.

Back to the OP. If the board isn't what you want, RMA it. Don't get ticked off at Intel (I'm saying this as an AMD user), because they might have had good reason to end the new support, like finding a bug in it. Look around, you'll find a number of companies that have had similar problems and done similar things.

BeanDip0001

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
I don't think it is so much they found a bug with the update, I think it’s the fact they want people either getting the P35 boards or waiting for the X38. At any rate Intel is the big Mr. Fudgy with this one. almost any show you go to that they have anything demo wise set up there is a 975xbx2 showing off their new CPU line. Yes the 975xbx2 is old, the 975 chipset is old, but it is still stable. I think on this one I’d have to call a bullcrap on Intel this seems more like a forced marketing plan than a compatibility problem.

sailer

Splendid

That could be. I suppose I was trying to give them the benefit of doubt with the idea of a discovered bug. I myself am waiting for the X38 motherboards and some decent DDR3 ram to stick into it. Of course, that's another subject, that is, if there will be any decent DDR3 ram at reasonable prioces for awhile.

function9

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002

Oh, had a hard time following his post and was assuming his beef was about the new 1333fsb chips.

yap2much

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2007
and the funny thing is they are really breaking the law

federal law stays buyer stearing is against the law and this falls under that ruling LOL

Forcing sale or selling of a product or stearing consumers to another product of its own for profit is in violation of the law.

nobody ever inforces this rule and dealerships for cars break this law all the time LOL

ill stay with my current setup untill hell freezes now or breaks LOL

BeanDip0001

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
i agree the more you look into this it seems kinda fishy. to anyone who doesn't understand here is the link to the google cache of when they were supported:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:_tcADxfK7kkJ:www.intel.com/su pport/motherboards/desktop/d975xbx2/sb/CS-026614.htm+http://www.intel.com/suppor t/motherboards/desktop/d975xbx2/sb/CS-026614.htm&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2& amp;gl=us

and here it is today live

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d975xbx2/sb/CS-026614. htm

bad intel no! no intel, that's a bad intel... (eric cartman voice)

BeanDip0001

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
i'm not sure what yap wants, but some parts of my new build got here today one of them being a 6550. after all this crap i decided to try it out in my Bad Axe 2, and wow it works just freaking fine. not that i'm keeping it in there, i went for the P35 chipset for my new build, but it works yap and i have bios 2747, so yes, intel is a big Mr. Fudgy. i'm now going back to my cheesy poofs. :sleep:

badintel.jpg