Intel are the best SSD

jclerk1983

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
I was looking for a drive other than HDDs to store my music files because HDDs make music sound bad. Then I acquired a Samsung Evo 850 and An Intel 530. I ripped a few CDs to the Evo and when I played the files The Evo, the results was disappointing. The Samsung was as noisy as are the HDDs. However, The intel drive was sounded noise free. So don't buy Samsung SSDs if you are an audiophile.

Solution
Actually, I've encountered a HDD that introduced noise into the headphones/speakers while it was operating. Little beeps and dits, kinda like what you sometimes get from a cell phone near a radio. But that was due to crappy shielding on the motherboard's audio components.

If he's got a similar crappy shielding on his motherboard's audio, I can see the SSD introducing "more" noise simply because it processes data requests so much quicker. So the amount of noise/sec is higher while it's generating noise.

In my case, the owner solved it by adding an add-on sound card and disabled the on-board audio.

bailojustin

Distinguished
Samsung SSD's make no noise because there is not a single moving component in the entire SSD, form factor 2.5 or m.2.

A Drive has absolutely NO effect on the quality of music being read from it.

Your statement is very subjective.

as for you believe it sounds better, this is most likely another issue that was not foreseen, like you trying to read off the samsung SSD while its being used by another program.

USAFRet

Titan

SSD's do not make noise.

I had someone telling me that gold plated super duper network cables made a network music player sound better as they are more accurate. Didn't realise that if network cables weren't 100% accurate society would almost grind to a halt. The same goes with storage.

Actually, I've encountered a HDD that introduced noise into the headphones/speakers while it was operating. Little beeps and dits, kinda like what you sometimes get from a cell phone near a radio. But that was due to crappy shielding on the motherboard's audio components.

If he's got a similar crappy shielding on his motherboard's audio, I can see the SSD introducing "more" noise simply because it processes data requests so much quicker. So the amount of noise/sec is higher while it's generating noise.

In my case, the owner solved it by adding an add-on sound card and disabled the on-board audio.

Solution