intel / ATi vs. AMD / Nvidia

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Well what do you think:

INTEL "slowly becoming the good guys": Currenty messing up everything (i820 MTH, p3 1.13ghz, RDRAM in general) Well it seems intel life boat has come and its named northwood. Intel is currenty trying to rid its self of Rambus and making sense finally " Lower the price of the P4 and they will come." and now they have a P4 stortage.

ATi"Good guys": Well ATi is currenty having good times. With making the graphics chip for the nintendo gamecube. And there current chip the radeon has made nvidia worried about the market "nvidia noticed alittle less demand for the Geforce2 gts cuase of the radeon = Price drop :*)". Well every nvidia lover should thank ATi for knocking down the prices. ATi is going to release the Radeon 2 which is faster then the Geforce3.

vs.

AMD "good guys": AMD has been long known for there good prices. Well AMD still pay's royality today to intel (x86 is intel's also known as "copyrights"). The athlon is AMD current prized chip. There CPU fans w/ boxed athlon is up to par causing over heating "Go out and get a FOP32,38 or chrome,silver,mini,super ORB". AMD currenty for there new 64-bit chips will not support intel IA64 but will support Intel's SSE2.

Nvidia "Bad guys": Nvidia is microsoft mean. More evil then Intel could ever be. They force smaller korean companys to only make nvidia cards and no kyro2 cards. Nvidia wants the market all for its self so it could sell a geforce3 mx for $500.00 When ATi was #1 nvidia had to have lower prices and good stable drivers. Well those days are gone. Nvidia prices are high priced and "they disable features so there new DET. drivers can enable it". A 166/333 clock radeon can whip a 200/333 Geforce GTS in 32-bit games and guess what goto pricewatch.com and guess what the Radeon is $30.00 cheaper and comes with a DVD decoder too.

The only nice Intel guy.

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"More evil than Intel could ever be." Come on man, you're blowing things up a little bit. Every single company on the planet wants the entire market for only themselves, and if you think otherwise you'd be fooling yourself. That doesn't make them evil, that makes them profitable businesses. nVidia works off a mere 13% profit margin, compare that to Intel's 25% and AMDs 19% (ATI is losing money with a -16% profit margin), so no way you can say nVidia is overpricing their products. nVidia can't "force" company's to do anything. They can "suggest" it, in exchange for something. The only evil companies on the planet are insurance companies and Christianity :p

"We put the <i>fun</i> back into fundamentalist dogma!"

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well, I was just keeping it simple. Those are the worst of the worst, as I didn't want to list 5 pages of names. :p Maybe I shouldn't have said "the only." But, if I was naive, do you think I would have said Christianity? I'm not naive, I'm enlightened. :)

"We put the <i>fun</i> back into fundamentalist dogma!"

TRENDING THREADS