Intel atom n280 v pentium dual core processors

G

hello, im interested in buying a Netbook/notebook. I will use it for browsing the internet, word and watching movies.

I have been looking at different ones and i see some have dual core processors for example http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/12041496/Samsung-R719-Pentium-Dual-Core-T4200-2-0GHz-4GB-320GB-DVD-SM-17-3-Windows-7-Home-Premium-Laptop-Notebook/Product.html

and then ones which have intel atom n280 with a 1.6 Gz i was wondering would i notice alot more speed with the first model above? thank you.

Basically i want a small laptop 13" or below screen size, which can operate msn, word, internet with no delay, if anyone could suggest one that would be brilliant.

which can operate msn, word, internet with no delay
Will you be running your web browser, Windows Live Messenger and MS Word at the same time?
The single core Atom N280 +1GB RAM will struggle with that type of work load.
The Pentium T4200 dual core 2.0GHz and 4GB RAM is a lot better suited to multi-tasking.

G

Yeh they will be at the same time. A netbook or notebook with a screen 13" less, with the same specs as the macbook pro would be great if there is such thing? or is the macbook pro the cheapest for its specification?

rand_79

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
so from a 300$ netbook to a macpro? there is alot in between there.. buy a low end dualcore laptop for about 500$ much better than netbook for that.

most netbooks cant playback hd-video