Intel build or AMD build?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Solution

Well.. The 6870 is a stronger vid card than my 550 ti at least. The problem though is if you're making a gaming build, you're better off with the more expensive video card, like the 7850 u had picked out with your Phenom II and i3 build. If you have to trim either the CPU or the Video card, for gaming the CPU is where you want to trim.

Well.. The 6870 is a stronger vid card than my 550 ti at least. The problem though is if you're making a gaming build, you're better off with the more expensive video card, like the 7850 u had picked out with your Phenom II and i3 build. If you have to trim either the CPU or the Video card, for gaming the CPU is where you want to trim.

Solution

Serrix

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
I don't plan on doing super intesive gaming, this build is kind of like a really good temp build for now.
I won't be able to build this for awhile, so that SB 2500k will probably become a IB 3570k. Also, the 6870 is a very good temp build card I believe, so later I can get a really goood Radeon 7xxx or NVidia 6xx.