Intel Celeron 810 overclocking

G

How do I adjust the core voltage. The VID Regulator needs to be disabled. How do I do this? HELP HELP HELP!!
Thanks

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
OK, I put this out there in the CPU forum a while back, but people don't seem to remember that far back, and it's not in the overclocking forum. YOU CAN OVERCLOCK TO THE NEXT AVAILABLE BUS SPEED ON ANY MOTHERBOARD as long as there is a higher bus speed supported by the board! Some guy is driving me nuts about it so here's you answers!

Bus Frequency Detection:

BSEL1.....BSEL0.....Bus Frequency
Closed....Closed....66
Closed....Open......100
Open......Closed....133

Core Voltage:

Vid3......Vid2......Vid1......Vid0......Core Voltage
Open.....Closed...Open.....Open.....1.50v
Open.....Closed...Open.....Closed...1.55v
Open.....Closed...Closed...Open.....1.60v
Open.....Closed...Closed...Closed...1.65v
Closed...Open.....Open.....Open.....1.75v
Closed...Open.....Closed...Open.....1.80v
Closed...Open.....Closed...Closed...1.85v
Closed...Closed...Open.....Open.....1.90v
Closed...Closed...Open.....Closed...1.95v
Closed...Closed...Closed...Open.....2.00v
Closed...Closed...Closed...Closed...2.05v

As you can see, changing a low-voltage Celeron, such as the 566, from 1.50v to 1.90v only requires closing Vid3

Changing a 1.65v CBo PIII to 2.05v requires closing Vid3

Changing a 1.70v CBo PIII to 1.90v requires closing Vid2

Those are the easy adjustments. But you can use the chart to come up with almost anything you want. Since your using an OEM board, I suggest making the mods to the board instead of the processor if you think your processor is worth more. If your using a slot 1 board, I suggest an Abit Slotket III instead, part number 707603 at http://www.googlegear.com

You can download the pin charts (along with the information I just provided) from Intel. Here it is smartguy now leave me alone!

If your running a cheap processor and would rather modify the CPU than the board because it's easier, you can use fine wire to close Vid pins by connecting them to VSS. You can open the pins by bending them flat, but they will probably break if you do it more than once. I rutinely break pins off Celerons to make them run at a faster bus speed.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?