Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabmac

Reputable
Nov 29, 2015
Hi,

Will this CPU run Windows 10?

Rest of spec: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM & 500GB Toshiba 5400RPM HDD

The reason I ask is that I have a Dell Inspiron 3551 laptop with this processor and it is running Windows 10. However, the CPU usage is often at 100%, even for simple tasks like browsing.

If this CPU is not suitable for Windows 10, would I be better switching to Windows 7 32 or Windows 7 64 bit?

Thanks

Solution
Buying different OS's won't really help you mate, sadly. Windows 10 is really good for small systems but the Celeron series CPUs are getting old, and sadly software is getting too intensive.

I bought a cheap SSD for my Celeron media PC and it makes things run a LOT better.

- Sam

Rabmac

Reputable
Nov 29, 2015
I am finding it really infuriating at how slow it is. I have even done a fresh install of Windows 10 but the high CPU usage persists and I have the bare minimum running.

If you had the choice of Windows 10 64 bit, Window 7 64 bit or Windows 7 32 bit, what would you run?

Rabmac

Reputable
Nov 29, 2015
The laptop shipped with Windows 8 64 bit and currently has Windows 10 64 bit installed. I am happy to buy another OS if performance will improve.

I don't have any plans to buy more RAM for this system and won't be playing any games or doing anything that is intensive on the resources.

Buying different OS's won't really help you mate, sadly. Windows 10 is really good for small systems but the Celeron series CPUs are getting old, and sadly software is getting too intensive.

I bought a cheap SSD for my Celeron media PC and it makes things run a LOT better.

- Sam

Solution
Dec 7, 2019
I made an account just to respond to this, at this rate, I would try running linux on it, depending on what application you will use it for. What do you plan on using the system for?

Status
Not open for further replies.