Intel CEO Brian Krzanich Resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentLozen

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
I agree. I can't see this guy living in a cardboard box on the street begging for change. As long as his reputation isn't ruined by being a serial sex abuser guy, he'll bounce back with no problem. Then again, he'll probably bounce back regardless.

akamateau

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015
When you warn the street that Intel is loosing server market share and you name AMD as the Baba Yaga only AFTER you sell a massive position they will find some way to fire your arse.

Let's be real here, they didn't fire him because he had a consensual relationship with an employee in the past. If the relationship were over and they found out about it, they'd write him up and keep him at the top as long as the company was successful. The real reason for this is to pretend like this was why he resigned instead of having a ceo being disgracefully fired for insider trading. It's to reduce the press behind his departure.

bugnguts

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
@GGGPLAYA
Exactly. Even with the convenient sale of shares Brian made Intel would have found a way to keep him on if Intel was doing well. The problem is for the last 6 years Intel has sailed along on their server business, but in the last 6 years, Intel is unable to execute it strategies. Be it their complete failure to penetrate the cell market dominated by ARM, thier terrible response to security vulnerabilities, unable to execute the 10nm, falling behind NVIDIA in AI and autonomous car markets, Intel's only bright point is their server presence. AMD's EPYC response is eroding away this last support for Intel. I am not saying Intel is dead, they have significant monetary, personnel, and IP capital, but they need to wake up and respond to the alarms that have been sounding for the last few years. That is why Intel desided Brian had to go.

Well from a legal standpoint, insider trading has to be proven. The question is did he know about the security flaw *before* he sold that stock or was it a coincidence of timing with him knowing he was about to be given the hammer? My guess is Intel had their eye on his dismissal long before the affair issue was raised or it was not a top priority if it was known/suspected.

I don't think the Board Of Directors liked the direction of his leadership over the years based on the above examples by bugnguts, and I'd bet that AMD's Ryzen success catching Intel blindsided had at least some input into his release. Anyway back to insider trading, we'll just have to wait and see what federal prosecutors and the SEC bring up against him. Don't hold your breath.

With all that said, these days with all the sexual harassment lawsuits flying around even years after the alleged incidents and most of the more publicly exposed ones rooted in no more proof than hearsay accusations, I would keep my zipper, and mouth, shut around women co-workers. Business only and only business when dealing with them. Anything else and you are playing with fire.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008

As the CEO, it's almost impossible for Krzanich to have not known about Spectre and Meltdown prior to the sale of stock. Such severe security flaws should have even been known by the Board of Directors before Krzanich sold his stock.

wownwow

Commendable
Aug 30, 2017
He is the CEO (Chemical Engineering Officer) and would be a better fit in managing the chemicals used to process wafers; he can't even tell the difference between a design bug and a design feature and told the public that uniquely requiring OS kernel relocation is the INTENDED design (a hidden feature?), treating people as idiots (may be some are and still buy the "Bug Inside" products).

Hopefully, we won't see the headline "Krzanich Gone, Su Heading To Intel."

Intel knew about the flaws in July 2017 if I remember correctly because of the non disclosure agreement with google. He sold his share in November... hard to dodge. I am just surprised no accusations have been disclosed so far.

Ben_88

Honorable
Mar 14, 2016
I think he was forced to resign after the stunt with the 28 core bs chip that Intel displayed. Intel has been showing too much stress in the public's eye and board member probably had enough or from the stock market share holders. This relationship story sounds fishy and smells it.

Oh absolutely. The timing is beyond suspect. But again, as I stated, we are a nation of laws and we have the SEC for a reason. They sent Martha Stewart to jail for insider trading, remember? And who is to say this CEO isn't under investigation right now as we talk about this?

These cases take upwards of years to get prosecution from when the alleged incidents originated. Nothing happens overnight in the legal world, especially at high level where several different government agencies at different levels are involved. There's a reason the words "proof" pops up in prosecution and "no evidence" in the defense in a trial.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008

Intel found out about the "flaws" in July 2017. The stock sale plan was established in October 2017. The stock sale took place in November 2017. According to an article I stumbled across after reading this one, he is under investigation for insider trading... I tried to find the article to link, but I'm getting lazy and only flipped through a few search results trying to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.