Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Google, 40 billion / year gross revenue, CEO makes 5.8 million
Intel, 50 billion / year gross revenue, CEO makes 17 million
Apple, 100 billion / year gross revenue, CEO makes over 400million

Some CEO's deserve their pay, while others....

h83

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Don´t forget that profits matter more than gross revenue and that seems to be the key for apple...

hoomanium

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Ok, we understand you hate Apple. Good for you. [citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Google, 40 billion / year gross revenue, CEO makes 5.8 millionIntel, 50 billion / year gross revenue, CEO makes 17 millionApple, 100 billion / year gross revenue, CEO makes over 400millionSome CEO's deserve their pay, while others....[/citation]

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Google, 40 billion / year gross revenue, CEO makes 5.8 millionIntel, 50 billion / year gross revenue, CEO makes 17 millionApple, 100 billion / year gross revenue, CEO makes over 400millionSome CEO's deserve their pay, while others....[/citation]
Tim Cook doesn't make $400M a year. He got a $334M (not $400M) bonus when he became CEO. This bonus is paid in stock, which vest over the next 10 years. For those of you who've never had to deal with stupid vesting bonuses (hate them so much), it means he doesn't get a dime until 6 years from now, and after 10 years he'll get the full $334M.

If he leaves Apple, or is replaced before then, he doesn't get shit.

hoomanium

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
[citation][nom]willard[/nom]Tim Cook doesn't make $400M a year. He got a $334M (not $400M) bonus when he became CEO. This bonus is paid in stock, which vest over the next 10 years. For those of you who've never had to deal with stupid vesting bonuses (hate them so much), it means he doesn't get a dime until 6 years from now, and after 10 years he'll get the full $334M. If he leaves Apple, or is replaced before then, he doesn't get shit.[/citation]

Thanks for clarifying that. I'm getting sick of this bunch of ignorant people who try so hard to connect any topic, not matter how unrelated, to Apple. Don't take me wrong, I'm not a fan of that company, I'm just a regular reader here. But it's impossible to open of an article on Tom's these days and not notice unrelated, overwhelmingly exaggerated comments on Apple. Cut the crap!

[citation][nom]memadmax[/nom]Well deserved...Just tell the so called 99%'ers to piss off....[/citation]

Agreed. Year after year record profit, consitent performance increases across all their product lines and a major market share holding in most markets they are in.

Though I wouldn't mind getting paid that amount. I could build plenty of new PCs for fun.

v3nom777

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
[citation][nom]hoomanium[/nom]Thanks for clarifying that. I'm getting sick of this bunch of ignorant people who try so hard to connect any topic, not matter how unrelated, to Apple. Don't take me wrong, I'm not a fan of that company, I'm just a regular reader here. But it's impossible to open of an article on Tom's these days and not notice unrelated, overwhelmingly exaggerated comments on Apple. Cut the crap![/citation]

Don't read the comments then. Nobody is forcing you to read peoples opinions, except you.

G

Well at least they're saying he "earned" the money. Unlike the Obama administration which seems to think it controls the means of production and anyone not paying there "fair share" are robber barons of years past. Hey he's leading a company that makes a good product and rakes in piles of cash. Go capitalists GO!!!

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Wow! Such a poor guy...

So much money for the easiest job in the world! Seriously being a CEO of a monopoly is the easiest job in the world. All you have to do is: do nothing because you might otherwise ruin the company... :D

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
[citation][nom]papaswedine[/nom]I wonder if he actually knows how to build a PC?[/citation]

I would imagine finding where the HDMI cable hooks into his new TV would give him trouble.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
if his earning in Intel is up 11 percent year over year, does the same percentage apply to all Intel employee who contributed the company growth? yes no?

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
"Intel CEO Paul Otellini Earned $16.7 Million in 2011" - While most Intel and former employees still struggle to earn enough for their family to survive this vicious world.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]if his earning in Intel is up 11 percent year over year, does the same percentage apply to all Intel employee who contributed the company growth? yes no?[/citation]
Yes, but it's unlikely they all get 11%. Most companies will reward their workers with annual bonuses, raises and such after a particularly good year, or if the employee earned it.

My Christmas bonus this year amounted to about 8% of my annual salary, plus a 4% raise. Probably would have been higher if we hadn't just lost nearly a billion dollars. To earn it, I developed an algorithm that made the company ~$2M, too bad they own my work due to the contract I signed =/.

oblivionlord

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
All this talk about millions for CEO's yet they are outsources their labor to build the products just so they can conserve on costs in order to get these extra millions. hmmm

Forget about sharing the wealth amongst the home soil.

Status
Not open for further replies.