Intel Chairman to resign soon too

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
Andy Grove, man behind the chip giant - when i say behind I mean not for all the bad things people posted in the other thread. This guy did take Intel to the top. Anyway

<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18745" target="_new">http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=18745</A>

Intel has a corporate policy for its employees to disagree with their managers and to pursue their own ideas. I wonder where that leads to. Doom 3 maybe.

<i> :tongue: <font color=blue>I don't suffer from insanity.</font color=blue><font color=red> I enjoy every minute of it.</font color=red> :tongue: </i>
<b>He who laughs last thinks slowest!</b>

raretech

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2003
Yeah he did. Wow. Talk about a major industry icon stepping down. I wonder what kind of retirement benefits that guy will be getting...

<i>Cigarettes - No cholesterol, high in fiber, low in fat, how could they not be good for you?</i>

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
sorry this is U S and A. pence are useless here :tongue:

I read abt him in time magazine, when he was given the man of year title. Some interesting stuff abt him. He was the man, of chip industry.

<i> :tongue: <font color=blue>I don't suffer from insanity.</font color=blue><font color=red> I enjoy every minute of it.</font color=red> :tongue: </i>
<b>He who laughs last thinks slowest!</b>

Brett4u6

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004
I've met both Grove and Barrett. Grove is definetly the more visionary of the two. When he spoke of how the chip industry would go, it was because that's how he internally felt it should go and Intel went that direction. Barrett is more externally data driven so Intel goes more towards where marketing data says it should go. Maybe because he came to Intel as a Stanford Professor vs an entrepreneural start. I'm betting Barrett will become chairman of the board.

I'm actually looking forward to Otellini stepping into the CEO role. Though he comes from a marketing background (all previous CEO's were engineers) he still seems to present more of a vision