Intel: Chip in Brain Implants Are the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

2020? I highly doubt it.

Sure if we could do it now with a room sized device, then its just a matter of scale. 10 years is reasonable if that was the case....

BUT, we aren't even close to this level of technology yet. Sure there have been lab expierements with a alphabet on screen where people look at the letters to type a word. But it takes forever. We have a LONG way to go before thinking about brain implants to control devices.

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Can I have one implanted in my forehead AND in my Right hand please.

Seriously though this is getting damn close to becoming a Borg.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. That's all I'll say here. Put it this way though, it'd be nice if there were an easy way to make the rest of the world smarter and change most people's way of thinking, at least where I live.

Raid3r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
One of the many regions of ideas that should be for once left to the imagination. We have not really started on the road of using our minds and for the lack of want and teachers the best we can come up with is using tech to "enhance" how we interact with our physical domain by putting physical things inside our body. Its a step back but just maybe most have to fall before they can move forward. Necessary evil?

cheepstuff

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
i think the biggest problem is heat dissapation. i mean, your brain dies at 108 degrees F (42 C), so those processors are going to have to be LOW power or external (outside the brain). could you imagine getting brain damage on the tissue around your implants from the heat. anyway, it seems like a viable concept since they have been implanting chips on people's brains for years in medical applications.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
they're probably going to use those to force you to buy intel only even if amd pwns them. Oh god let us hope that they dont make us buy their shitty intel graphics too.

G

Then hope you're not like the average joe who thinks about sex or a women every 5 minutes of the day,or the thing will register everything and upload it to the internet; MAWHAHAHAA!

avericia

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
I am very excited about this type of technology because I have bad wrists from typing, lifting wieghts, and a motorcycle wreck so i would be first in line for this type of implant that would let me use computers without having to use my hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.