Intel Continues to Share its Vision of Tomorrow's Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
will anyone ever wake me up when iThink (brainwave ~ mind activated copy/paste/keyboard shortcut) products are mainstream, until then, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
Hassle Free Meeting - are they serious? My company developed that technology back in the 90's. Back then it was software based. In 2001 it became a web app. In 2008 it became a mobile app. The guy's interface in the video looks like an exact ripoff....

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
It may look nice, but it's still to be seen if they actually pursue or deliver on all of this with full force. This is not unlike the old World Fairs or automaker's concept cars. They take actual ideas they have intent to pursue, but are then overcome by immediate concerns or real-time issues. It looks good, but let's not get all pie-in-the-sky crazy about anything until they start delivering these ideas in a meaningful way.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
One problem I see with this tech is that some of it could be seen by some people as infringing upon their privacy. The last video is that kind. Of course, it can be limited that what kind of information other users can have about you through your devices, but there could be 'oops!' moments.

cucotx

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
"Intel will go stale again. Just wait 20 years when I will be 44 years old mmm."

Heck, I'll be dead in 20 years. :-(

G

Intel will not be as great a factor as they are today, they are really just about selling their little squares of silicon, great hardware but sub par graphics driver software. Do You expect computer OEMs will ever make use of the Intel CPUs full features when computer OEMs are all about making computers designed to be oboslete as soon as possable. Most computer OEMs could care less about taking advantage of any new Intel processors full abilities, they are about selling more units and making more $$$.

proffet

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
let me be the first to mention that we also need AMD to do better than what it currently is now.
Intel cannot widen the gap anymore or it will be detrimental to all of the consumers.
a world without competition and options will lead to a slow death for us all.
Intel has the money and resources to do what they want how they want.
AMD is not even in the rear-view mirror currently except for APU technology.
I wish you competitive success AMD, we will need you.

back to article:
Intel - where do I send my resume' and I actually had popcorn made before I found article
it's football time... LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.