Question Intel Core i3 12100 + expensive motherboard vs Ryzen 5 5600G + cheap motherboard?

Apr 19, 2023
This:
Versus this:

My budget is ~270$ (very stretched)
I live in Ukraine and my preffered website to get pc parts is Rozetka.com
I have a not strong but some preference towards Intel CPU's
I kind of care about quicksync but not much
I can't afford a graphic card
I can find links to reasonable prices on Rozetka.com myself, don't bother
I need my computer for a variety of things but I do think that both should handle my non-gaming needs anyway, im more curious about perfomance in games, new versions of Minecraft, Rust and Arma specifically.

My current setup uh oh:
Nvidia GT 430
AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455

-------------

In my opinion the Intel 12100 with a better (only really good one for the price I could find) motherboard is way more worth it despite being slightly more expensive.

I do really care about perfomance the most thought.

Additionallly the second setup seems to have some compatability issues and updating BIOS with renewed frequent power outages in Ukraine is going to be very fun.

Which is faster and which is worth it more?

This:
Versus this:

My budget is ~270$ (very stretched)
I live in Ukraine and my preffered website to get pc parts is Rozetka.com
I have a not strong but some preference towards Intel CPU's
I kind of care about quicksync but not much
I can't afford a graphic card
I can find links to reasonable prices on Rozetka.com myself, don't bother
I need my computer for a variety of things but I do think that both should handle my non-gaming needs anyway, im more curious about perfomance in games, new versions of Minecraft, Rust and Arma specifically.

My current setup uh oh:
Nvidia GT 430
AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455

-------------

In my opinion the Intel 12100 with a better (only really good one for the price I could find) motherboard is way more worth it despite being slightly more expensive.

I do really care about perfomance the most thought.

Additionallly the second setup seems to have some compatability issues and updating BIOS with renewed frequent power outages in Ukraine is going to be very fun.

Which is faster and which is worth it more?
Gaming wise I think the 5600g will win.

While the i3-12100 may have slightly better compute performance even despite its fewer cores (note this means anything single-core will definitely be faster on the Intel), its UHD Graphics 730 is pretty unimpressive compared to the Vega 7 in the 5600G.

To put it simply, the 5600G by itself will be as fast as the 12100 with a 750Ti card, both systems are well suited for 720p gaming.

After the war when you will be able to buy a discrete card, you could also then upgrade to a 5800X3D too (it's currently $378 on that site and includes no IGP)