Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 Haswell CPUs MegaThread: FAQ and Resources

**NOTE: This thread is subject to changes and I will try my best to keep it up to date. If you have anything to add or comment about,feel free to PM me or write it down below.

Hello and welcome to the Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 Haswell CPUs MegaThread.

6.jpg

Intel Core is a brand name that Intel uses for various mid-range to high-end consumer and business microprocessors. In general, processors sold as Core are more powerful variants of the same processors marketed as entry-level Celeron and Pentium. Intel also makes Xeon CPUs which target the server and workstation market.
As of 2013 the current lineup of Core processors included the latest Intel Core i7, Intel Core i5, and Intel Core i3, and the older Intel Core 2 Solo, Intel Core 2 Duo, Intel Core 2 Quad, and Intel Core 2 Extreme lines.
In this thread,we will not be covering the latest Haswell-E CPUs,but if you want to read something about those,check my thread about them here.

Meanings of suffixes after certain CPUs

• K- Unlocked (Overclockable)
    S- Performance-optimized lifestyle (Low power with 65W TDP)
    T- Power-optimized lifestyle (Ultra low power with 35-45W TDP)
    R- High-performance GPU (Currently Iris Pro 5200)
Intel Customer Support

FAQ

Intel Core i3 Haswell CPUs

Intel Core i5 Haswell CPUs

Intel Core i7 Haswell CPUs

Devil's Canyon (or Haswell Refresh) CPUs

Anaandrew01

Reputable
Mar 24, 2014
It's indeed a great way to keep up with recent updates about Intel processors. The latest enhancements to Apple’s laptop suggest the tech giant will use Intel’s new Broadwell-Y Core M processors for their power-efficient 4.5W performance, as well as being fanless.

Pestindahouse

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2013
I might have been living under a rock, but the Iris Pro CPU's are available just for Macs, no? At least i have never seen one being sold without a mac.

That is a laptop CPU,and this thread does not cover such. Maybe sometime in the future,I or someone will make a thread about Intel laptop CPUs.

T3hG33ko

Reputable
Jun 10, 2015

Yeah I noticed that a bit too late. Anyway, I would appreciate if you did!

I believe that as of now,there will be no MegaThreads about Intel laptop CPUs.
You can check what MegaThreads are planned to be made here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZPVksDC5JK-K6ehQeqyRKSheM7irF9hiGokw7hrRzYU/edit
However if you're wondering where does your CPU stand amongst other (laptop) i7's,it's definitely one of the stronger i7's. ^_^

Nitro192

Distinguished
Might not be a bad idea for a mega-thread. Even online it's very tough to find any documentation concerning how Laptop i5's and i7's hold up against their desktop counterparts. Even benchmarks pitting Mobile GPU's against desktop is tough to dig up.