Question intel core i5 -10600k only using 2 cores instead of 6

poter

Prominent
Aug 7, 2019
Hi
Just upgraded my motherboard and cpu, everything was fine when I played minecraft yesterday. But today when I tried to play mordhau and fortnite I couldn't even get over 55fps. So I checked taskmanger and it only shows that I have 2 cores running, but the 10600k is a hexa core processor. I have tried the msconfig boot thing but it says that I only have 4 cores and when I set it too 4 only 2 show up in taskmanager and hwmonitor.

And I know that the cores aren't sleeping i checked that in game

Can someone help me with this? is it something to do with the bois and that it needs an update?

poter

Prominent
Aug 7, 2019
hi, msconfig should be showing 12 CPUs, if it showing 4, then something is wrong there
uncheck it, reboot, go to bios, see there if there is some option to lock/limit number of cores, if u cant find it, load bios default settings
will try it now, thanks

poter

Prominent
Aug 7, 2019
Ok soo I went i to the bios now and i synced all the cores and they all show up on taskmanger now, I don't know if syncing is bad or if its fine now.

Do ya'll think its needed for a full windows reset?

poter

Prominent
Aug 7, 2019
I don't think I have any other problems, one question I have is, Is it bad to have your cores synced ?

If not I'll settle at that for this week and then do a reset of windows

ASK THE COMMUNITY