Question Intel Core i5 12400 motherboard? -limited options in my country

GmMMM

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2014
Hi, I have been tossing up between a Intel Core i5 12400 and 5600G, I do not need a GPU for now as mainly for number crunching work, photoshop, some video editing, web design, arcmap and other less intensive work. I know the intel is faster but the main reason I am leaning towards this is PCI 4.0 as I also do a lot of file extractions and shifting large files around (100gb) and lots of reads and writes, on this PC this can take a few hours, so I think I would benefit from PCI 4.0.

Unfortunately where I live the choice of low-mid rang boards is limited, cant get the PRO B660-A DDR4 here which seems to be the best rated lower end board. All I can get where I my small country is Gigabyte B660M DS3H (bad reviews), MSI PRO B660M-E (only 2 ram slots grrr) , MSI MAG B660M MORTAR or the ASRock B660 Steel Legend for my budget, yes crap to live here, but 100 or so euro more I could get the Gigabyte Z690 UD AX WIFI or MSI PRO Z690-A . Is it best to bite bullet even though I have no or never will have plans to overclock and get the Gigabyte Z690 UD or MSI PRO Z690-A? If so which one. /this is so much more complicated than 10 years ago when got this PC.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS