Question Intel Core i5 13600k + Asus TUF Z690 plus d4 - NO BOOT, HELP!

Nov 14, 2022
Just finished this setup to my dad do his work...

This is the complete rig:

Intel Core I5 13600k
Asus TUF Gaming Z690 D4 PLUS
EVGA Supernova 750GA
Kingston Fury Beast RGB, 32GB (2x16) KF432C16BB1AK2/32
SSD WD Blue SN570 1TB
WC Asus TUF LC240 ARGB

I'm aware that this mother board should have the bios updated in order to work with this CPU (13th gen core I5).

When I turn the pc on, I get no video and no beeps. It keeps static with all the fans running and the RAM yellow led always on.

I don't believe that this memories are defective. I think the problem is the wrong bios for this CPU.

But HOW i'm supposed to update the bios if I can't get into the UEFI screen?
I've seen that most latest mobos have the USB FlashBack but it looks like the Z690 D4 Plus hasn't.

There is any other procedure to update the bios in the situation I'm in?

Best regards.

I'm aware that this mother board should have the bios updated in order to work with this CPU (13th gen core I5).

I've seen that most latest mobos have the USB FlashBack but it looks like the Z690 D4 Plus hasn't.

Best regards.
Sorry about your issue, But you need to update the motherboard with a supported CPU (12 Gen), before installing the 13th Gen CPU.

The only way you could update a motherboard in that scenario is with the USB FlashBack feature ...and as you mentioned that motherboard does not have that feature.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Just finished this setup to my dad do his work...

This is the complete rig:

Intel Core I5 13600k
Asus TUF Gaming Z690 D4 PLUS
EVGA Supernova 750GA
Kingston Fury Beast RGB, 32GB (2x16) KF432C16BB1AK2/32
SSD WD Blue SN570 1TB
WC Asus TUF LC240 ARGB

When I turn the pc on, I get no video and no beeps. It keeps static with all the fans running and the RAM yellow led always on.

I don't believe that this memories are defective. I think the problem is the wrong bios for this CPU.

Best regards.
Post first buy 2nd.
You would of been directed to a board that can update the BIOS without a working processor or a Z790 that supports it out of the box.

Nov 14, 2022
Post first buy 2nd.
You would of been directed to a board that can update the BIOS without a working processor or a Z790 that supports it out of the box.

The problem is: I'm from Brazil.

We don't have nearly the size of the market of US. We have a limited number of choices over here.

https://www.kabum.com.br/hardware/p...NrZXQiOlsiTEdBIDE3MDAiXX0=&sort=most_searched

Feel free to check the Intel LGA 1700 options.

The budget I had this was the best choice.

Z790 mobos over here are very expensive. (this one is the cheapest option https://www.kabum.com.br/produto/39...i-pro-intel-lga-1700-atx-ddr4-pro-z790-p-ddr4)

I just send an e-mail to the store that sold the components and check if they can send me a Celeron G9600 so I can update the BIOS.

I'm also checking with Asus Brasil if they can help me with this matter.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
The problem is: I'm from Brazil.

We don't have nearly the size of the market of US. We have a limited number of choices over here.

https://www.kabum.com.br/hardware/p...NrZXQiOlsiTEdBIDE3MDAiXX0=&sort=most_searched

Feel free to check the Intel LGA 1700 options.

The budget I had this was the best choice.

Z790 mobos over here are very expensive. (this one is the cheapest option https://www.kabum.com.br/produto/39...i-pro-intel-lga-1700-atx-ddr4-pro-z790-p-ddr4)

I just send an e-mail to the store that sold the components and check if they can send me a Celeron G9600 so I can update the BIOS.

I'm also checking with Asus Brasil if they can help me with this matter.
The MSI board would of worked fine. Looks like it has the flash button.

EDIT Asus is going to be no help at all.