[SOLVED] Intel core i5 3570 at 100ºC...

Jul 12, 2021
I recently got a new gaming pc with an intel core i5 3570 3.40 GHZ, an GTX 950 2gb and 8gb of ram. I noticed the CPU was getting to around 100ºC when gaming in games in csgo and such, I even changed the thermal paste at the place where I got the pc and the temperatures are still the same. Anything I can do?

Solution
Sounds like the CPU may be overclocked and the cooler may not be strong enough. At stock that is only a 77W chip so pretty much any cooler should keep it well below 80C. Something is seriously wrong if it is that hot.

As SamirD says the CPU is more than 10 years old so the cooler might be faulty. I would make sure there is no overclock applied to the chip and look at replacing the cooler with a new one.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Sounds like the CPU may be overclocked and the cooler may not be strong enough. At stock that is only a 77W chip so pretty much any cooler should keep it well below 80C. Something is seriously wrong if it is that hot.

As SamirD says the CPU is more than 10 years old so the cooler might be faulty. I would make sure there is no overclock applied to the chip and look at replacing the cooler with a new one.

Solution