[SOLVED] Intel Core i5-4590 vs i7-4770

Aug 2, 2019
I am on a budget and I am planning to buy a refurbished "HP 600 G1" Spec for it here: http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/p...na/ProDesk_600_G1_Desktop_Mini_QuickSpecs.pdf

I am a web developers, so mostly I do browser and code editors and sometimes watching movies, rarely play games.

My doubt is, which CPU to go? Apparently the i5 is cheap, the only different I found is the core and thread count https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=75047,75122 ( the i5 is 4core 4 thread, and i7 is 4 core 8 thread )

is 8 thread advantage than 4 thread for my activities?

is there any guide about the cores and threads for CPU???

Regards,

Solution
well the 4770 has slightly high clock speeds and mutli threading. On paper the 4770 is a better CPU, in reality you may not notice the difference though with your usage unless you are working on really massive projects that can utilize a bunch of threads.

How much more does the i7 cost? if its under $50 more I would say just go with the i7, but if theyre trying to charge an extra $100 for it just get the i5.

gordonmousedeer

Commendable
Jan 14, 2019
Threads are like strings of information or program in my opinion. A microprocessor with twice the number of threads than cores meant that each core can often or always use two threads. This leads to better multitasking because the extra threads allow more work to be done in parallel.

I think a microprocessor with 4 cores and 8 threads is better than a microprocessor with 4 cores and 4 threads in certain applications and situations. It does not matter a lot in games; the Intel Core i5-9600K (6 cores, 6 threads) can often beat the AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (8 cores, 16 threads) in most games for example (also depends on other factors such as the settings and overclocking). However, microprocessors with twice the number of threads than cores can do demanding computer tasks (e.g. video editing, rendering, live streaming, etc.) better than microprocessors with the same amount of threads as cores. I would expect the AMD Ryzen 7 2700X to defeat the Intel Core i5-9600K in video editing and rendering. It depends on the application the microprocessor has to do. Maybe you can do more online research about which kind of microprocessor suits your applications.

well the 4770 has slightly high clock speeds and mutli threading. On paper the 4770 is a better CPU, in reality you may not notice the difference though with your usage unless you are working on really massive projects that can utilize a bunch of threads.

How much more does the i7 cost? if its under $50 more I would say just go with the i7, but if theyre trying to charge an extra $100 for it just get the i5.

Solution